Foreign Bank Supervision and Challenges to Emerging Market Supervisors
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mishkin,Frederic S., 2001. "Financial policies and the prevention of financial crises in emerging market economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2683, The World Bank.
- Brealey, R. A. & Kaplanis, E. C., 1996. "The determination of foreign banking location," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 577-597, August.
- Gianni De Nicolo & Mary G Zephirin & Philip F. Bartholomew & Jahanara Zaman, 2003. "Bank Consolidation, Internationalization, and Conglomeration; Trends and Implications for Financial Risk," IMF Working Papers 03/158, International Monetary Fund.
- Claessens, Stijn & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "How does foreign entry affect the domestic banking market?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1918, The World Bank.
- John Hawkins & Dubravko Mihaljek, 2001. "The banking industry in the emerging market economies: competition, consolidation and systemic stability: an overview," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), The banking industry in the emerging market economies: competition, consolidation and systemic stability, volume 4, pages 1-44 Bank for International Settlements.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2001. "The banking industry in the emerging market economies: competition, consolidation and systemic stability," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 04.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thorsten Beck & Michael Fuchs & Dorothe Singer & Makaio Witte, 2014. "Making Cross-Border Banking Work for Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 20248, January.
- Anginer, Deniz & Cerutti, Eugenio & Martínez Pería, María Soledad, 2017.
"Foreign bank subsidiaries' default risk during the global crisis: What factors help insulate affiliates from their parents?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 19-31.
- Anginer, Deniz & Cerutti, Eugenio & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2014. "Foreign bank subsidiaries'default risk during the global crisis : what factors help insulate affiliates from their parents ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7053, The World Bank.
- Deniz Anginer & Eugenio M Cerutti & Maria Soledad Martinez Peria, 2016. "Foreign Bank Subsidiaries’ Default Risk during the Global Crisis; What Factors Help Insulate Affiliates from their Parents?," IMF Working Papers 16/109, International Monetary Fund.
- Grigol, Modebadze, 2011. "Foreign Investment Effects on the Banking Sector in Georgia," MPRA Paper 32897, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mario Tonveronachi, 2007. "Implications of Basel II for financial stability. Clouds are darker for developing countries," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 60(241), pages 111-135.
- Dubravko Mihaljek, 2006. "Privatisation, consolidation and the increased role of foreign banks," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), The banking system in emerging economies: how much progress has been made?, volume 28, pages 41-65 Bank for International Settlements.
- Mario Tonveronachi, 2009. "Implications of Basel II for financial stability. Clouds are darker for developing countries," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 62(248-251), pages 117-142.
- Mario Tonveronachi, 2007. "Implications of Basel II for financial stability. Clouds are darker for developing countries," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 60(241), pages 111-135.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking supervision; International financial markets; Foreign Bank; Financial Regulation; banking; foreign banks; banking supervisors; consolidated supervision; General Financial Markets: Government Policy and Regulation; Financial Institutions and Services; Regulation and Business Law;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2005-10-22 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FIN-2005-10-22 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2005-10-22 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:04/82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.