Fiscal Sustainability in Heavily Indebted Countries Dependenton Nonrenewable Resources; The Case of Gabon
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff & Miguel A. Savastano, 2003.
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 34(1), pages 1-74.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff & Miguel A. Savastano, 2003. "Debt Intolerance," NBER Working Papers 9908, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth & Savastano, Miguel, 2003. "Debt intolerance," MPRA Paper 13932, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2004. "Debt intolerance: Executive summary," MPRA Paper 13398, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin & Arvind Subramanian, 2013.
"Addressing the Natural Resource Curse: An Illustration from Nigeria,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 22(4), pages 570-615, August.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martín & Arvind Subramanian, 2003. "Addressing the natural resource curse: An illustration from Nigeria," Economics Working Papers 685, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Arvind Subramanian & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2003. "Addressing the Natural Resource Curse; An Illustration From Nigeria," IMF Working Papers 03/139, International Monetary Fund.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin & Arvind Subramanian, 2003. "Addressing the Natural Resource Curse: An Illustration from Nigeria," NBER Working Papers 9804, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H., 1996.
"Aspects of Fiscal Performance in some Transition Economies under Fund-supported Programs,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1535, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Willem H. Buiter, 1997. "Aspects of Fiscal Performance in Some Transition Economies Under Fund-Supported Programs," IMF Working Papers 97/31, International Monetary Fund.
- W.H. Buiter, 1997. "Aspects of Fiscal Performance in Some Transition Economies Under Fund-Supported Programs," CEP Discussion Papers dp0333, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Buiter, Willem H., 1997. "Aspects of fiscal performance in some transition economies under fund-supported programs," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20353, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Catherine Pattillo & Hélène Poirson & Luca Antonio Ricci, 2011. "External Debt and Growth," Review of Economics and Institutions, Università di Perugia, vol. 2(3).
- Diep Nuven, 1994. "Linkages in Price Level and Inflation Rate Between Cfa Franc Zone Countries and France," IMF Working Papers 94/93, International Monetary Fund.
- Rodrigo O. Valdes & Eduardo M Engel, 2000.
"Optimal Fiscal Strategy for Oil Exporting Countries,"
IMF Working Papers
00/118, International Monetary Fund.
- Engel, Eduardo & Valdés, Rodrigo O., 2001. "Optimal fiscal strategy for oil exporting countries," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 34818, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Eduardo M.R.A. Engel & Rodrigo Valdés, 2000. "Optimal Fiscal Strategy for Oil Exporting Countries," Documentos de Trabajo 78, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- M. O. Odedokun, 1997. "Dynamics of inflation in Sub-Saharan Africa: the role of foreign inflation, official and parallel market exchange rates, and monetary growth," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 395-402.
- Axel Schimmelpfennig & Nouriel Roubini & Paolo Manasse, 2003. "Predicting Sovereign Debt Crises," IMF Working Papers 03/221, International Monetary Fund.
- Kadima D. Kalonji & Boileau Loko & Raj Nallari & Montfort Mlachila, 2003. "The Impact of External Indebtednesson Poverty in Low-Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 03/61, International Monetary Fund.
- Theodore M. Barnhill & George Kopits, 2003. "Assessing Fiscal Sustainability Under Uncertainity," IMF Working Papers 03/79, International Monetary Fund.
- Enzo Croce & V. Hugo Juan-Ramon, 2003. "Assessing Fiscal Sustainability; A Cross-Country Comparison," IMF Working Papers 03/145, International Monetary Fund.
- Max Alier & Martin D Kaufman, 1999. "Nonrenewable Resources; A Case for Persistent Fiscal Surpluses," IMF Working Papers 99/44, International Monetary Fund.
- Qing Wang & Ugo Fasano-Filho, 2002. "Testing the Relationship Between Government Spending and Revenue; Evidence From GCC Countries," IMF Working Papers 02/201, International Monetary Fund.
- Philip R. Gerson, 1998. "The Impact of Fiscal Policy Variables on Output Growth," IMF Working Papers 98/1, International Monetary Fund.
- Thomas Baunsgaard, 2003. "Fiscal Policy in Nigeria; Any Role for Rules?," IMF Working Papers 03/155, International Monetary Fund.
- Nigel A Chalk, 1998. "Fiscal Sustainability with Non-Renewable Resources," IMF Working Papers 98/26, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan-Peter Olters & Daniel Leigh, 2006. "Natural-Resource Depletion, Habit Formation, and Sustainable Fiscal Policy; Lessons from Gabon," IMF Working Papers 06/193, International Monetary Fund.
- Bandiera, Luca & Budina, Nina & Klijn, Michel & van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 2007. "The"how to"of fiscal sustainability : a technical manual for using the fiscal sustainability tool," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4170, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsDebt; Fiscal policy; Gabon; Fiscal sustainability; Oil; savings fund; intergenerational equity; public debt; debt reduction; government revenue; Equity; Justice; Inequality; and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement; National Deficit Surplus; Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation: Government Policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-04-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2005-10-22 (Development)
- NEP-ENE-2005-10-22 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2005-10-22 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:04/30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.