Microfinance in Africa; Experience and Lessons From Selected African Countries
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jansen, Marion, 2006. "Services Trade Liberalization at the Regional Level: Does Southern and Eastern Africa Stand to Gain from EPA Negotiations?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5800, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Howson, Cynthia, 2013. "Adverse Incorporation and Microfinance among Cross-Border Traders in Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 199-208.
- Jansen, Marion, 2006. "Services trade liberalization at the regional level: Does Southern and Eastern Africa stand to gain from EPA negotiations?," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2006-06, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Dalla Pellegrina, Lucia, 2011. "Microfinance and Investment: A Comparison with Bank and Informal Lending," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 882-897, June.
- David Canning & Ajay Mahal & Kunle Odumosu & Prosper OkonkwoZhiwei, 2006. "Assessing the Economic Impact of HIV/AIDS on Nigerian Households: A Propensity Score Matching Approach," PGDA Working Papers 1606, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- Tweneboah Senzu, Emmanuel, 2017. "Examining the economic impact and challenges associated with Savings & Loans companies in Ghana," MPRA Paper 80708, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sophie Brana & Yves Jégourel, 2011. "Breadth and depth of french microfinance outreach : an evaluation," Working Papers hal-00637689, HAL.
- Monzurul Hoque & Muhammad Chishty & Rashid Halloway, 2011. "Commercialization and changes in capital structure in microfinance institutions: An innovation or wrong turn?," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(5), pages 414-425, April.
- repec:eme:afrpps:afr-02-2016-0010 is not listed on IDEAS
- Collins Asante-Addo & Jonathan Mockshell & Manfred Zeller & Khalid Siddig & Irene S. Egyir, 2017.
"Agricultural credit provision: what really determines farmers’ participation and credit rationing?,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 77(2), pages 239-256, July.
- Asante-Addo, Collins & Mockshell, Jonathan & Siddig, Khalid & Zeller, Manfred, 2016. "Agricultural credit provision: What really determines farmers’ participation and credit rationing?," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249283, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Patrick Honohan & Thorsten Beck, 2007. "Making Finance Work for Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6626.
- SODOKIN, Koffi, 2006. "La complémentarité des banques et des microbanques dans une approche de la comptabilité des flux et des stocks," LEG - Document de travail - Economie 2006-09, LEG, Laboratoire d'Economie et de Gestion, CNRS, Université de Bourgogne.
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica; Microfinance; Savings; microcredit; bank regulation; microfinance institutions; microfinance sector; financial institutions; small businesses; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2005-10-22 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2005-10-22 (Development)
- NEP-FMK-2005-10-22 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MFD-2005-10-22 (Microfinance)
- NEP-SOC-2005-10-22 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:04/174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.