Risk Instability and the Pattern of Foreign Direct Investment in the Middle East and North Africa Region
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1990. "Why Doesn't Capital Flow from Rich to Poor Countries?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 92-96, May.
- Aizenman, Joshua, 2003.
"Volatility, employment and the patterns of FDI in emerging markets,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 585-601, December.
- Joshua Aizenman, 2002. "Volatility, employment and the patterns of FDI in emerging markets," NBER Working Papers 9397, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Singh, Harinder & Kwang W. Jun, 1995. "Some new evidence on determinants of foreign direct investment in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1531, The World Bank.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investors in Three Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 8084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:6:p:1734-:d:149021 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aizenman, Joshua & Noy, Ilan, 2006.
"FDI and trade--Two-way linkages?,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 317-337, July.
- Joshua Aizenman & Ilan Noy, 2005. "FDI and Trade - Two Way Linkages?," Economics Study Area Working Papers 76, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Joshua Aizenman & Ilan Noy, 2005. "FDI and Trade -- Two Way Linkages?," NBER Working Papers 11403, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Aizenman & Ilan Noy, 2005. "FDI and Trade – Two Way Linkages?," Working Papers 200505, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Abera Demeke & Alwin Keil & Manfred Zeller, 2011.
"Using panel data to estimate the effect of rainfall shocks on smallholders food security and vulnerability in rural Ethiopia,"
Springer, vol. 108(1), pages 185-206, September.
- Demeke, Abera Birhanu & Zeller, Manfred, 2009. "Using panel data to estimate the effect of rainfall shocks on smallholders food security and vulnerability in rural Ethiopia," Research in Development Economics and Policy (Discussion Paper Series) 57994, Universitaet Hohenheim, Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Sciences in the Tropics and Subtropics.
- repec:bla:apacel:v:31:y:2017:i:2:p:78-95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nasser Saidi, 2003. "Arab Economic Integration: an Awakening to Remove Barriers to Prosperity," Working Papers 0322, Economic Research Forum, revised 08 Jul 2003.
- Daniele, Vittorio & Marani, Ugo, 2006. "Do institutions matter for FDI? A comparative analysis for the MENA countries," MPRA Paper 2426, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arno BAECKER, "undated". "The Development of Trade and Foreign Direct Investment under the Influence of the Barcelona Process â€“ An Initial Assessmentt," Middle East and North Africa 330400007, EcoMod.
- Sekkat, Khalid, 2012. "Manufactured Exports and FDI in Southern Mediterranean Countries: Evolution, determinants and prospects," CEPS Papers 6849, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Al Khattab, Adel & Anchor, John R. & Davies, Eleanor M.M., 2008. "The institutionalisation of political risk assessment (IPRA) in Jordanian international firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 688-702, December.
- repec:rss:jnljse:v2i3p3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aizenman, Joshua & Noy, Ilan, 2005.
"FDI and Trade â€“ Two Way Linkages?,"
Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt301285n0, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Noy, Ilan, 2005. "FDI and Trade â€“ Two Way Linkages?," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt778218p6, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Noy, Ilan, 2005. "FDI and Trade â€“ Two Way Linkages?," Santa Cruz Center for International Economics, Working Paper Series qt778218p6, Center for International Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- repec:taf:wjabxx:v:17:y:2016:i:3:p:319-341 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brahim Elmorchid & Nouira Ridha & Khalid Sekka, 2013. "A Comparative Analysis of the Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in The Arab World and in Asia," Working Papers 811, Economic Research Forum, revised Dec 2013.
- Mina, Wasseem Michel, 2012. "The Institutional Reforms Debate and FDI Flows to the MENA Region: The “Best” Ensemble," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1798-1809.
- Sebastian Hain, 2011. "Risk perception and risk management in the Middle East market: theory and practice of multinational enterprises in Saudi Arabia," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(7), pages 819-835, August.
- Mouna Gammoudi & Mondher Cherif, 2016. "Capital Account Openness, Political Institutions And Fdi In Mena Region: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 41(2), pages 53-76, June.
- repec:taf:wjabxx:v:17:y:2016:i:2:p:225-253 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chali Nondo & Mulugeta S. Kahsai & Yohannes G. Hailu, 2016. "Does institutional quality matter in foreign direct investment?: Evidence from Sub-Saharan African countries," African Journal of Economic and Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1), pages 12-30.
- repec:ags:pdcbeh:95943 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsForeign direct investment; Multinational firms; MENA countries; fdi; investment risk; direct investment;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:04/139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.