Monetary Policy, Monetary Areas, and Financial Development with Electronic Money
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Woodford, 1998.
"Doing Without Money: Controlling Inflation in a Post-Monetary World,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 1(1), pages 173-219, January.
- Michael Woodford, 1997. "Doing Without Money: Controlling Inflation in a Post-Monetary World," NBER Working Papers 6188, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Woodford, Michael, 1997. "Doing Without Money: Controlling Inflation in a Post-Monetary World," Seminar Papers 632, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Woodford, M., 1997. "Doing Without Money: Controlling Inflation in a Post-Monetary World," Papers 632, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Mervyn A. King, 1999. "Challenges for monetary policy : new and old," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 11-57.
- Claudio E. V. Borio, 1997. "Monetary policy operating procedures in industrial countries," BIS Working Papers 40, Bank for International Settlements.
- Bullard, James & Smith, Bruce D., 2003. "The value of inside and outside money," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 389-417, March.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 2000. "Decoupling at the Margin: The Threat to Monetary Policy from the Electronic Revolution in Banking," NBER Working Papers 7955, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1980. "Banking in the theory of finance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-57, January.
- Leo Van Hove, 1999. "Electronic money and the network externalities theory: lessons for real life," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 137-171, October.
- Shy, Oz & Tarkka, Juha, 2002. "The Market for Electronic Cash Cards," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(2), pages 299-314, May.
- Tito Boeri & Herbert BrÃ¼cker, 2001. "Eastern Enlargement and EU Labour Markets," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 2(1), pages 49-68, January.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2001. "Electronic finance: a new perspective and challenges," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 07, January.
- White, Lawrence H, 1984. "Competitive Payments Systems and the Unit of Account," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 699-712, September.
- Friedman, Benjamin M, 2000. "Decoupling at the Margin: The Threat to Monetary Policy from the Electronic Revolution in Banking," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 261-272, July.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1999. "The Future of Monetary Policy: The Central Bank as an Army With Only a Signal Corps," NBER Working Papers 7420, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Kurth, 1985. "Review," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 223-224, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pomfret, Richard, 2005.
"Sequencing trade and monetary integration: issues and application to Asia,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 105-124, February.
- Richard Pomfret, 2004. "Sequencing Trade and Monetary Integration: Issues and Applications to Asia," School of Economics Working Papers 2004-14, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Haydar Akyazi & Seyfettin Artan, 2006.
"Reflections of the New Economy on the Monetary Policy and Central Banking,"
Papers of the Annual IUE-SUNY Cortland Conference in Economics,in: Proceedings of the Conference on Human and Economic Resources, pages 373-387
Izmir University of Economics.
- Akyazi, Haydar & Artan, Seyfettin, 2006. "Reflections of the New Economy on the monetary policy and central banking," MPRA Paper 152, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haydar, Akyazi & Seyfettin, Artan, 2006. "The reflections of new economy on monetary policy and central banking," MPRA Paper 603, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Sep 2006.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary unions; Monetary policy; electronic money; central bank; atm; credit; reserve requirements; Money and Interest Rates: General; Monetary Policy; Central Banking; and the Supply of Money and Credit: General; International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2005-10-22 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FIN-2005-10-22 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2005-10-22 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MAC-2005-10-22 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2005-10-22 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-NET-2005-10-22 (Network Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2005-10-22 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:04/122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.