Monetary Policy, Monetary Areas, and Financial Development with Electronic Money
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Woodford, 1998.
"Doing Without Money: Controlling Inflation in a Post-Monetary World,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 1(1), pages 173-219, January.
- Michael Woodford, 1997. "Doing Without Money: Controlling Inflation in a Post-Monetary World," NBER Working Papers 6188, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Woodford, Michael, 1997. "Doing Without Money: Controlling Inflation in a Post-Monetary World," Seminar Papers 632, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Woodford, M., 1997. "Doing Without Money: Controlling Inflation in a Post-Monetary World," Papers 632, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Mervyn A. King, 1999. "Challenges for monetary policy : new and old," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 11-57.
- Claudio E. V. Borio, 1997. "Monetary policy operating procedures in industrial countries," BIS Working Papers 40, Bank for International Settlements.
- Bullard, James & Smith, Bruce D., 2003. "The value of inside and outside money," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 389-417, March.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 2000. "Decoupling at the Margin: The Threat to Monetary Policy from the Electronic Revolution in Banking," NBER Working Papers 7955, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1980. "Banking in the theory of finance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-57, January.
- Leo Van Hove, 1999. "Electronic money and the network externalities theory: lessons for real life," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 137-171, October.
- Shy, Oz & Tarkka, Juha, 2002. "The Market for Electronic Cash Cards," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(2), pages 299-314, May.
- Tito Boeri & Herbert BrÃ¼cker, 2001. "Eastern Enlargement and EU Labour Markets," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 2(1), pages 49-68, January.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2001. "Electronic finance: a new perspective and challenges," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 07.
- White, Lawrence H, 1984. "Competitive Payments Systems and the Unit of Account," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 699-712, September.
- Friedman, Benjamin M, 2000. "Decoupling at the Margin: The Threat to Monetary Policy from the Electronic Revolution in Banking," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 261-272, July.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1999. "The Future of Monetary Policy: The Central Bank as an Army With Only a Signal Corps," NBER Working Papers 7420, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Kurth, 1985. "Review," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 223-224, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pomfret, Richard, 2005.
"Sequencing trade and monetary integration: issues and application to Asia,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 105-124, February.
- Richard Pomfret, 2004. "Sequencing Trade and Monetary Integration: Issues and Applications to Asia," School of Economics Working Papers 2004-14, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Haydar Akyazi & Seyfettin Artan, 2006.
"Reflections of the New Economy on the Monetary Policy and Central Banking,"
Papers of the Annual IUE-SUNY Cortland Conference in Economics,in: Proceedings of the Conference on Human and Economic Resources, pages 373-387
Izmir University of Economics.
- Akyazi, Haydar & Artan, Seyfettin, 2006. "Reflections of the New Economy on the monetary policy and central banking," MPRA Paper 152, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haydar, Akyazi & Seyfettin, Artan, 2006. "The reflections of new economy on monetary policy and central banking," MPRA Paper 603, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Sep 2006.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary unions; Monetary policy; electronic money; central bank; atm; credit; reserve requirements; Money and Interest Rates: General; Monetary Policy; Central Banking; and the Supply of Money and Credit: General; International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2005-10-22 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FIN-2005-10-22 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2005-10-22 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MAC-2005-10-22 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2005-10-22 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-NET-2005-10-22 (Network Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2005-10-22 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:04/122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .