The End of Textiles Quotas; A Case Study of the Impacton Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harrison, W Jill & Pearson, K R, 1996.
"Computing Solutions for Large General Equilibrium Models Using GEMPACK,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 9(2), pages 83-127, May.
- W. Jill Harrison & K.R. Pearson, 1994. "Computing Solutions for Large General Equilibrium Models Using GEMPACK," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers ip-64, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Krishna, Kala & Erzan, Refik & Tan, Ling Hui, 1994.
"Rent Sharing in the Multi-fibre Arrangement: Theory and Evidence from U.S. Apparel Imports from Hong Kong,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(1), pages 62-73, February.
- Erzan, Refik*Krishna, Kala*Ling Hui Tan, 1991. "Rent sharing in the multi-fibre arrangement : theory and evidence from US apparel imports from Hong Kong," Policy Research Working Paper Series 597, The World Bank.
- Krishna, K. & Erzan, R. & Tan, L.H., 1991. "Rent Sharing In The Multi-Fibre Arrangement: Theory And Evidence From Us Apparel Imports From Hong Kong," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1549, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Kala Krishna & Refik Erzan & Ling Hui Tan, 1991. "Rent Sharing in the Multi-Fibre Arrangement: Theory and Evidence from US Apparel Imports from Hong Kong," NBER Working Papers 3673, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cherkashin, Ivan & Demidova, Svetlana & Kee, Hiau Looi & Krishna, Kala, 2015.
"Firm heterogeneity and costly trade: A new estimation strategy and policy experiments,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 18-36.
- Svetlana Demidova & Kala Krishna & Hiau Looi Kee & Ivan Cherkashin, 2009. "Firm Heterogeneity and Costly Trade: A New Estimation Strategy and Policy Experiments," 2009 Meeting Papers 1199, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Cherkashin, Ivan & Demidova, Svetlana & Kee, Hiau Looi & Krishna, Kala, 2015. "Firm heterogeneity and costly trade: a new estimation strategy and policy experiments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7156, The World Bank.
- Ivan Cherkashin & Svetlana Demidova & Hiau Looi Kee & Kala Krishna, 2010. "Firm Heterogeneity and Costly Trade: A New Estimation Strategy and Policy Experiments," NBER Working Papers 16557, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ahmed, Faisal Z. & Greenleaf, Anne & Sacks, Audrey, 2014. "The Paradox of Export Growth in Areas of Weak Governance: The Case of the Ready Made Garment Sector in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 258-271.
- Francois, Joseph & Woerz, Julia, 2009. "Non-linear panel estimation of import quotas: The evolution of quota premiums under the ATC," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 181-191, July.
- Jean-Raphael Chaponniere & Jean-Pierre Cling & Mohamed Ali Marouani, 2004. "Les conséquences pour les pays en développement de la suppression des quotas dans le textile habillement : le cas de la Tunisie," Working Papers DT/2004/16, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation), revised Dec 2004.
- World Bank, 2006. "Fostering Higher Growth and Employment in the Kingdom of Morocco," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7114, June.
- Mustafizur Rahman & Asif Anwar, 2006. "Bangladesh Apparels Export to the US Market - An Examination of Her Competitiveness vis-ÃƒÂ -vis China," Trade Working Papers 22295, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Jörg MAYER, 2004. "Not Totally Naked: Textiles And Clothing Trade In A Quota Free Environment," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 176, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Walkenhorst, Peter & Malouche, Mariem, 2006. "Trade Policy and Export Performance in Morocco," MPRA Paper 23119, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Iimi, Atsushi, 2007. "Infrastructure and trade preferences for the livestock sector : empirical evidence from the beef industry in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4201, The World Bank.
- Ahmed, Nazneen & Peerlings, Jack H.M., 2009. "Addressing Workers' Rights in the Textile and Apparel Industries: Consequences for the Bangladesh Economy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 661-675, March.
- Quader, Syed Manzur, 2004. "Floating Exchange Rate Regime," MPRA Paper 26163, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nabil Annabi & H. Khondker Bazlul & Selim Raihan & John Cockburn & Bernard Decaluwe, 2005. "Implications of WTO Agreements and Domestic Trade Policy Reforms for Poverty in Bangladesh: Short vs. Long Run," Working Papers MPIA 2005-02, PEP-MPIA.
- Sak Sambath & Ryuta Ray Kato, 2009. "Future Prospects of the Garment Industry of Cambodia," Working Papers EMS_2009_12, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Delpeuch, Claire, 2007. "EU and US safeguards against Chinese textile exports: What consequences for West African cotton-producing countries?," MPRA Paper 2319, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khondker, Bazlul H. & Raihan, Selim, 2004. "Welfare and Poverty Impacts of Policy Reforms in Bangladesh: A General Equilibrium Approach," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30588, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Jean-Jacques Hallaert, 2007. "Can Regional Integration Accelerate Development in Africa? CGE Model Simulations of the Impact of the SADC FTA on the Republic of Madagascar," IMF Working Papers 07/66, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2005. "Mongolia; Selected Issues and Statistical Appendix," IMF Staff Country Reports 05/400, International Monetary Fund.
- Kyvik Nord°as, Hildegunn., 2005. "Labour implications of the textiles and clothing quota phase-out," ILO Working Papers 993744523402676, International Labour Organization.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4443 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sonali Jain-Chandra & Ananthakrishnan Prasad, 2005. "The Impact on India of Trade Liberalization in the Textiles and Clothing Sector," IMF Working Papers 05/214, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsBangladesh; Quotas; MFA; ATC; textiles; clothing; exporters; exporting countries; export performance; clothing exports; total exports; Country and Industry Studies of Trade; Trade: Forecasting and Simulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:04/108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .