The GCC Monetary Union; Some Considerations for the Exchange Rate Regime
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- S. E Oppers, 2000. "Dual Currency Boards; A Proposal for Currency Stability," IMF Working Papers 00/199, International Monetary Fund.
- Williamson, John, 1993. "Exchange Rate Management," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(416), pages 188-197, January.
- David Brodsky & Gary Sampson, 1984. "The sources of exchange rate instability in developing countries: Dollar, french Franc and SDR pegging countries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 120(1), pages 133-154, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eisa A. Aleisa & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Yuan Yuan, 2008. "External and Regional Shocks in the GCC Region: Implications for a Common Exchange Rate Regime," Working Papers 426, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Jan 2008.
- Magdaléna DRASTICHOVÁ, 2009. "Current and future monetary cooperation with a focus on the possible monetary union of Gulf Cooperation Council," Proceedings of FIKUSZ '09,in: László Áron Kóczy (ed.), Proceedings of FIKUSZ '09, pages 57-69 Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Weshah Razzak, "undated". "On the GCC Currency Union," API-Working Paper Series 0910, Arab Planning Institute - Kuwait, Information Center.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Ashraf Nakibullah, 2008. "Gulf Monetary Union and Regional Integration," Working Papers 453, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2008.
- Louis, Rosmy & Balli, Faruk & Osman, Mohammad, 2008. "Monetary Union Among Arab Gulf Cooperation Council (AGCC) Countries: Does the symmetry of shocks extend to the non-oil sector?," MPRA Paper 11611, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aamer S. Abu-Qarn & Suleiman Abu-Bader, 2008.
"On the Optimality of a GCC Monetary Union: Structural VAR, Common Trends, and Common Cycles Evidence,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(5), pages 612-630, May.
- Abu-Qarn, Aamer & Abu-Bader, Suleiman, 2006. "On the optimality of a GCC Monetary Union: Structural VAR, Common Trends and Common Cycles Evidence," MPRA Paper 971, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Suleiman Abu-Bader & Aamer S. Abu-Qarn, 2006. "On The Optimality Of A Gcc Monetary Union: Structural Var, Common Trends And Common Cycles Evidence," Working Papers 0611, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Ashraf Nakibullah, 2017. "The Effect of Fixed Exchange Rates on Monetary Policy of the GCC Countries," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 11-19, March.
- Davide Furceri & Georgios Karras, 2008. "Is the Middle East an Optimum Currency Area? A Comparison of Costs and Benefits," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 479-491, September.
- Hebous, Shafik, 2006. "On the monetary union of the Gulf States," Kiel Advanced Studies Working Papers 431, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Willem H. Buiter, 2010.
"Economic, Political and Institutional Prerequisites for Monetary Union Among the Members of the Gulf Cooperation Council,"
Chapters,in: Currency Union and Exchange Rate Issues, chapter 3
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Willem Buiter, 2008. "Economic, Political, and Institutional Prerequisites for Monetary Union Among the Members of the Gulf Cooperation Council," Open Economies Review, Springer, pages 579-612.
- Buiter, Willem H., 2008. "Economic, Political, and Institutional Prerequisites for Monetary Union Among the Members of the Gulf Cooperation Council," CEPR Discussion Papers 6639, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John Hawkins & Paul Masson, 2003. "Economic aspects of regional currency areas and the use of foreign currencies," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Regional currency areas and the use of foreign currencies, volume 17, pages 4-42 Bank for International Settlements.
- Abdelghani, Echchabi & Osman, Sayid & Isares, Mahamad & Khalid, Sorhiran & Zulhilmi, Zulkifli, 2011. "The implementation of Gulf Dinar among the GCC member countries and its possible impacts," MPRA Paper 28245, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Habib, Maurizio Michael & Stráský, Jan, 2008. "Oil exporters: in search of an external anchor," Working Paper Series 958, European Central Bank.
- Marzovilla, Olga, 2010. "Impact of global economic imbalance on migrant workers and economies of the Gulf Cooperation Council," MPRA Paper 24210, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rosmy Jean Louis & Mohamed Osman & Faruk Balli, 2010.
"Is the US Dollar a Suitable Anchor for the Newly Proposed GCC Currency?,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(12), pages 1898-1922, December.
- Jean Louis, Rosmy & Balli, Faruk & Osman, Mohammad, 2009. "Is the US dollar a suitable anchor for the newly proposed GCC currency?," MPRA Paper 34003, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2017.
"The Currency-Plus-Commodity Basket: A Proposal for Exchange Rates in Oil-exporting Countries to Accommodate Trade Shocks Automatically,"
1111, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 2017.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2017. "The Currency-Plus-Commodity Basket; A Proposal for Exchange Rates in Oil-Exporting Countries to Accommodate Trade Shocks Automatically," CID Working Papers 333, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Louis, Rosmy & Osman, Mohammad & Balli, FAruk, 2007. "On The Road to Monetary Union – Do Arab Gulf Cooperation Council Economies React in the same way to United States' Monetary Policy Shocks?," MPRA Paper 11610, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2008.
- repec:wsi:medjxx:v:02:y:2010:i:02:n:s179381201000023x is not listed on IDEAS
- Rafiq, M.S., 2011. "The optimality of a gulf currency union: Commonalities and idiosyncrasies," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 728-740, January.
- Jay, Squalli, 2011. "Is the dollar peg suitable for the largest economies of the Gulf Cooperation Council?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 496-512, October.
- Rafiq, M.S., 2011. "The optimality of a gulf currency union: Commonalities and idiosyncrasies," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 728-740.
More about this item
KeywordsCooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf; Economic integration; Foreign exchange; exchange rate pegging; dollar peg; basket peg; exchange rate; competitiveness; exchange rate regime; currency basket; flexible exchange rate; International Policy Coordination and Transmission;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:03/66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .