Foreign Aid and Consumption Smoothing; Evidence From Global Food Aid
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pallage, Stephane & Robe, Michel A, 2001.
"Foreign Aid and the Business Cycle,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 641-672, November.
- Stephane Pallage & Michel Robe, 1998. "Foreign Aid and the Business Cycle," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 63, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Michel A. Robe & Stephane Pallage, 2000. "Foreign Aid And The Business Cycle," Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 107, Society for Computational Economics.
- Trueblood, Michael A. & Shapouri, Shahla & Henneberry, Shida Rastegari, 2001. "Policy Options To Stabilize Food Supplies: A Case Study Of Southern Africa," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33703, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 2002. "Food security and food assistance programs," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 40, pages 2103-2190, Elsevier.
- Alesina, Alberto & Dollar, David, 2000.
"Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 33-63, March.
- Alberto Alesina & David Dollar, 1998. "Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?," NBER Working Papers 6612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dollar, David & Alesina, Alberto, 2000. "Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?," Scholarly Articles 4553020, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Terry J. Fitzgerald, 2003.
"The Band Pass Filter,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(2), pages 435-465, May.
- Terry J. Fitzgerald & Lawrence J. Christiano, 1999. "The Band pass filter," Working Papers (Old Series) 9906, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 1999.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Terry J. Fitzgerald, 1999. "The Band Pass Filter," NBER Working Papers 7257, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "CFFILTER: RATS procedure to perform band pass filter using Christiano-Fitzgerald method," Statistical Software Components RTS00034, Boston College Department of Economics.
- A. J Hamann & Ales Bulir, 2001.
"How Volatile and Unpredictable Are Aid Flows, and What Are the Policy Implications?,"
IMF Working Papers
01/167, International Monetary Fund.
- Bulir, Ales & Hamann, A. Javier, 2001. "How Volatile and Unpredictable are Aid Flows, and What are the Policy Implications?," WIDER Working Paper Series 143, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Barrett, Christopher B, 2001. "Does Food Aid Stabilize Food Availability?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(2), pages 335-349, January.
- Clay, Daniel C. & Molla, Daniel & Habtewold, Debebe, 1999. "Food aid targeting in Ethiopia: A study of who needs it and who gets it," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 391-409, August.
- Canova, Fabio, 1999.
"Does Detrending Matter for the Determination of the Reference Cycle and the Selection of Turning Points?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(452), pages 126-150, January.
- Fabio Canova, 1994. "Does detrending matter for the determination of the reference cycle and the selection of turning points?," Economics Working Papers 113, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Mar 1995.
- Shapouri, Shahla & Rosen, Stacey L., 2001. "Food Security and Food Aid Distribution," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33651, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Daphne Taylor & Derek Byerlee, 1991. "Food Aid and Food Security: A Cautionary Note," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 39(2), pages 163-175, July.
- Lavy, Victor, 1990. "Does food aid depress food production? The disincentive dilemma in the African context," Policy Research Working Paper Series 460, The World Bank.
- Ball, Richard & Johnson, Christopher, 1996. "Political, Economic, and Humanitarian Motivations for PL 480 Food Aid: Evidence from Africa," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(3), pages 515-537, April.
- Diven, Polly J., 2001. "The domestic determinants of US food aid policy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 455-474, October.
- Maxwell, S. J. & Singer, H. W., 1979. "Food aid to developing countries: A survey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 225-246, March.
- Shapouri, Shahla, 1990. "Food Aid: Motivation and Allocation Criteria," Foreign Agricultural Economic Report (FAER) 147994, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Konandreas, Panos, 1987. "Responsiveness of Food Aid in Cereals to Fiuctuations in Supply in Donor and Recipient Countries," 1987 Occasional Paper Series No. 4 197395, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stéphane Pallage & Michel A. Robe & Catherine Bérubé, 2006. "The Potential of Foreign Aid as Insurance," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 53(3), pages 1-5.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 2002. "Food Aid Effectiveness: "It'S The Targeting, Stupid!"," Working Papers 14754, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Kuhlgatz, Christian & Abdulai, Awudu & Barrett, Christopher B., 2009. "Food Aid Allocation Policies: Donor Coordination and Responsiveness to the Needs of Recipient Countries," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51686, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumption; Counterpart funds; Development assistance; Foreign aid; Food aid; consumption smoothing; food availability; food production; food security;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:03/40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.