Do IMF-Supported Programs Help Make Fiscal Adjustment More Durable?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Steinwand & Randall Stone, 2008. "The International Monetary Fund: A review of the recent evidence," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 123-149, June.
- Alesina, Alberto & Dollar, David, 2000.
"Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 33-63, March.
- Alberto Alesina & David Dollar, 1998. "Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?," NBER Working Papers 6612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dollar, David & Alesina, Alberto, 2000. "Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?," Scholarly Articles 4553020, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Markus Frölich, 2004. "Finite-Sample Properties of Propensity-Score Matching and Weighting Estimators," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 77-90, February.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "On the Pooling of Time Series and Cross Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 69-85, January.
- Paul Clist & Alessia Isopi & Oliver Morrissey, 2012.
"Selectivity on aid modality: Determinants of budget support from multilateral donors,"
The Review of International Organizations,
Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 267-284, September.
- Paul Clist & Alessia Isopi & Oliver Morrissey, "undated". "Selectivity on Aid Modality: Determinants of Budget Support from Multilateral Donors," Discussion Papers 11/01, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Jean-Claude Berthélemy, 2006.
"Bilateral Donors' Interest vs. Recipients' Development Motives in Aid Allocation: Do All Donors Behave the Same?,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 179-194, May.
- Jean-Claude Berthélemy, 2005. "Bilateral donors' interest vs. Recipients' development motives in aid allocation : do all donors behave the same ?," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques bla05001, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Jean-Claude Berthelemy, 2005. "Bilateral donors' interest vs. recipients' development motives in aid allocation : do all donors behave the same ?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00193273, HAL.
- Jean-Claude Berthelemy, 2006. "Bilateral Donor's Interest vs. Recipients' Development Motives in Aid Allocation: Do All Donors Behave the Same?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00305510, HAL.
- Morris, Stephen & Shin, Hyun Song, 2006.
"Catalytic finance: When does it work?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, pages 161-177.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2003. "Catalytic Finance: When Does It Work?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1400, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2004. "Catalytic Finance: When Does It Work?," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm339, Yale School of Management.
- Yasemin Bal Gunduz & Christian H Ebeke & Burcu Hacibedel & Linda Kaltani & Vera V Kehayova & Chris Lane & Christian Mumssen & Nkunde Mwase & Joseph Thornton, 2013. "The Economic Impact of IMF-Supported Programs in Low-Income Countries," IMF Occasional Papers 277, International Monetary Fund.
- Ashoka Mody & Diego Saravia, 2006. "Catalysing Private Capital Flows: Do IMF Programmes Work as Commitment Devices?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(513), pages 843-867, July.
- Laura Jaramillo & Cemile Sancak, 2009. "Why Has the Grass Been Greener on One Side of Hispaniola? A Comparative Growth Analysis of the Dominican Republic and Haiti," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(2), pages 323-349, June.
- Clist, Paul, 2011. "25Years of Aid Allocation Practice: Whither Selectivity?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1724-1734.
- Stijn Claessens & Danny Cassimon & Bjorn Van Campenhout, 2009. "Evidence on Changes in Aid Allocation Criteria," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 23(2), pages 185-208, June.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1982. "Multivariate regression models for panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 5-46, January.
- Graham Bird & Dane Rowlands, 2002. "Do IMF Programmes Have a Catalytic Effect on Other International Capital Flows?," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(3), pages 229-249.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guimarães, Bernardo de Vasconcellos & Ladeira, Carlos Eduardo de Almeida, 2015.
"The determinants of IMF fiscal conditionalities: economics or politics?,"
Textos para discussão
391, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Guimaraes, Bernardo & Ladeira, Carlos Eduardo, 2017. "The determinants of IMF fiscal conditionalities: economics or politics?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86171, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bernardo Guimaraes & Carlos Eduardo Ladeira, 2017. "The Determinants of IMF Fiscal Conditionalities: economics or politics?," Discussion Papers 1703, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- David Felix, 2003. "The Past as Future? The Contribution of Financial Globalization to the Current Crisis of Neo-Liberalism as a Development Strategy," Working Papers wp69, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Roberto Benelli, 2003. "Do IMF-Supported Programs Boost Private Capital Inflows? the Role of Program Size and Policy Adjustment," IMF Working Papers 03/231, International Monetary Fund.
- Ricardo Martin & Alex Segura-Ubiergo, 2005. "Social Spending in IMF-supported Programs," Public Economics 0504011, EconWPA.
- Benedict J. Clements & Sanjeev Gupta & Emanuele Baldacci & Carlos Mulas-Granados, 2004. "Front-Loaded or Back-Loaded Fiscal Adjustments; What Works in Emerging Market Economies?," IMF Working Papers 04/157, International Monetary Fund.
- Nawaz A. Hakro & Wadho Waqar Ahmed, 2006. "IMF Stabilization Programs, Policy Conduct and Macroeconomic Outcomes: A Case Study of Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 11(1), pages 35-62, Jan-Jun.
- Sanjeev Gupta & Emanuele Baldacci & Benedict Clements & Erwin R. Tiongson, 2005. "What sustains fiscal consolidations in emerging market countries?," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 307-321.
- David Felix, 2003. "The Past as Future? The Contribution of Financial Globalization to the Current Crisis of Neo-Liberalism as a Development Strategy," Development and Comp Systems 0310002, EconWPA.
- Alex Mandilaras & Graham Bird, 2008.
"Foreign exchange pressures in Latin America: does debt matter?,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 613-627.
- Graham Bird & Alex Mandilaras, 2007. "Foreign Exchange Pressures in Latin America: Does Debt Matter?," School of Economics Discussion Papers 1307, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Lavigne, Robert, 2011. "The political and institutional determinants of fiscal adjustment: Entering and exiting fiscal distress," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 17-35, March.
- Benedict J. Clements & Sanjeev Gupta & Erwin H Tiongson & Emanuele Baldacci, 2003. "What Sustains Fiscal Consolidations in Emerging Market Countries?," IMF Working Papers 03/224, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsConditionality; Fiscal policy; Fund-supported adjustment programs; IMF-supported programs; general evaluation estimator; structural conditionality; fiscal adjustment; fiscal balance; fiscal developments; International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions; Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents: General;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:03/38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .