Do IMF-Supported Programs Help Make Fiscal Adjustment More Durable?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alex Mandilaras & Graham Bird, 2008.
"Foreign exchange pressures in Latin America: does debt matter?,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 613-627.
- Graham Bird & Alex Mandilaras, 2007. "Foreign Exchange Pressures in Latin America: Does Debt Matter?," School of Economics Discussion Papers 1307, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Guimarães, Bernardo de Vasconcellos & Ladeira, Carlos Eduardo de Almeida, 2015.
"The determinants of IMF fiscal conditionalities: economics or politics?,"
Textos para discussão
391, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Guimaraes, Bernardo & Ladeira, Carlos Eduardo, 2017. "The determinants of IMF fiscal conditionalities: economics or politics?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86171, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bernardo Guimaraes & Carlos Eduardo Ladeira, 2017. "The Determinants of IMF Fiscal Conditionalities: economics or politics?," Discussion Papers 1703, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- David Felix, 2003. "The Past as Future? The Contribution of Financial Globalization to the Current Crisis of Neo-Liberalism as a Development Strategy," Working Papers wp69, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Roberto Benelli, 2003. "Do IMF-Supported Programs Boost Private Capital Inflows? the Role of Program Size and Policy Adjustment," IMF Working Papers 03/231, International Monetary Fund.
- Lavigne, Robert, 2011. "The political and institutional determinants of fiscal adjustment: Entering and exiting fiscal distress," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 17-35, March.
- Ricardo Martin & Alex Segura-Ubiergo, 2005. "Social Spending in IMF-supported Programs," Public Economics 0504011, EconWPA.
- Benedict J. Clements & Sanjeev Gupta & Emanuele Baldacci & Carlos Mulas-Granados, 2004. "Front-Loaded or Back-Loaded Fiscal Adjustments; What Works in Emerging Market Economies?," IMF Working Papers 04/157, International Monetary Fund.
- Nawaz A. Hakro & Wadho Waqar Ahmed, 2006. "IMF Stabilization Programs, Policy Conduct and Macroeconomic Outcomes: A Case Study of Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 11(1), pages 35-62, Jan-Jun.
- Benedict J. Clements & Sanjeev Gupta & Erwin H Tiongson & Emanuele Baldacci, 2003. "What Sustains Fiscal Consolidations in Emerging Market Countries?," IMF Working Papers 03/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Sanjeev Gupta & Emanuele Baldacci & Benedict Clements & Erwin R. Tiongson, 2005. "What sustains fiscal consolidations in emerging market countries?," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 307-321.
- David Felix, 2003. "The Past as Future? The Contribution of Financial Globalization to the Current Crisis of Neo-Liberalism as a Development Strategy," Development and Comp Systems 0310002, EconWPA.
More about this item
KeywordsConditionality; Fiscal policy; Fund-supported adjustment programs; IMF-supported programs; general evaluation estimator; structural conditionality; fiscal adjustment; fiscal balance; fiscal developments; International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions; Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents: General;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-06-04 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:03/38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .