Patterns of Shocks and Regional Monetary Cooperation in South Asia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1998.
"The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1009-1025, July.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," NBER Working Papers 5700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," CEPR Discussion Papers 1473, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Karras, Georgios & Stokes, Houston H., 2001. "Time-varying criteria for monetary integration: evidence from the EMU," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 171-185.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Ostry, Jonathan D, 1997.
"Macroeconomic Shocks and Trade Flows within Sub-Saharan Africa: Implications for Optimum Currency Arrangements,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 6(3), pages 412-444, October.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Jonathan David Ostry, 1995. "Macroeconomic Shocks and Trade Flows within Sub-Saharan Africa; Implications for Optimum Currency Arrangements," IMF Working Papers 95/142, International Monetary Fund.
- Akhtar Akhtar Hossain, 2002. "Exchange Rate Responses to Inflation in Bangladesh," IMF Working Papers 02/166, International Monetary Fund.
- World Bank, 2002. "World Development Indicators 2002," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13921, August.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Paolo Mauro, 2001.
"The Suitability of ASEAN for a Regional Currency Arrangement,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(7), pages 933-954, July.
- Paolo Mauro & Tamim Bayoumi, 1999. "The Suitability of ASEAN for a Regional Currency Arrangement," IMF Working Papers 99/162, International Monetary Fund.
- Khan, Saleem M. & Khan, Zahira S., 2003. "Asian economic integration: a perspective on South Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 767-785, January.
- Matangi Maskay, Nephil, 1998. "A Comment on Empirical Estimation of Patterns of Shocks Utilizing the VAR Methodology on Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 13, pages 544-548.
- Catherine A Pattillo & Paul R Masson, 2001. "Monetary Union in West Africa (ECOWAS)," IMF Occasional Papers 204, International Monetary Fund.
- Bayoumi, T. & Eichengreen, B., 1994. "One Money or Many? Analysing the Prospects for Monetary Unification in Various Parts of the World," Princeton Studies in International Economics 76, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- C. Randall Henning, 2002. "East Asian Financial Cooperation," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa68, January.
- George Tavlas, 1994. "The theory of monetary integration," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 211-230, March.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry & Mauro, Paolo, 2000. "On Regional Monetary Arrangements for ASEAN," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 121-148, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:55:y:2010:i:01:n:s0217590810003663 is not listed on IDEAS
- Md. Abdur Rahman Forhad, 2014. "How many currencies in Saarc countries? a multivariate structural var approach," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 48(4), pages 265-286, October-D.
More about this item
KeywordsSouth Asia; International finance; Monetary policy; shocks; regional monetary cooperation; exchange rate; economic integration; exchange rates; output growth; exchange rate policy; Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:03/240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.