A Comparison Between Two Public Expenditure Management Systems in Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Masson & Catherine Pattillo, 2002.
"Monetary Union in West Africa: An Agency of Restraint for Fiscal Policies?,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 11(3), pages 387-412, September.
- Catherine A Pattillo & Paul R Masson, 2001. "Monetary Union in West Africa; An Agency of Restraint for Fiscal Policies?," IMF Working Papers 01/34, International Monetary Fund.
- Ian Lienert & Feridoun Sarraf, 2001. "Systemic Weaknesses of Budget Management in Anglophone Africa," IMF Working Papers 01/211, International Monetary Fund.
- Ian Lienert & Jitendra R. Modi, 1997. "A Decade of Civil Service Reform in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 97/179, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luc E. Leruth & Elisabeth Paul, 2006. "A Principal-Agent Theory Approach to Public Expenditure Management Systems in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 06/204, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:wbk:wboper:16727 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wehner, Joachim & de Renzio, Paolo, 2013. "Citizens, Legislators, and Executive Disclosure: The Political Determinants of Fiscal Transparency," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 96-108.
- Ian Lienert, 2004. "Choosing a Budget Management System; The Case of Rwanda," IMF Working Papers 04/132, International Monetary Fund.
- Ian Lienert, 2007. "British Influences on Commonwealth Budget Systems; The Case of the United Republic of Tanzania," IMF Working Papers 07/78, International Monetary Fund.
- World Bank, 2013.
"Burundi Public Expenditure Review : Strengthening Fiscal Resilience to Promote Government Effectiveness
[République du Burundi - Burundi Revue des Dépenses Publiques - Renforcer l’efficacité des po," World Bank Other Operational Studies 21283, The World Bank.
- Ian Lienert, 2005. "Who Controls the Budget; The Legislature or the Executive?," IMF Working Papers 05/115, International Monetary Fund.
- Eivind Tandberg, 2005. "Treasury System Design; A Value Chain Approach," IMF Working Papers 05/153, International Monetary Fund.
- Babacar Sarr, 2016. "What Are the Drivers of Fiscal Performance Gaps between Anglophone and Francophone Africa? A Blinder–Oaxaca Decomposition," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 84(1), pages 40-62, March.
- Davina F. Jacobs, 2008. "A Review of Capital Budgeting Practices," IMF Working Papers 08/160, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsBudgeting; Audit; Africa; Fiscal policy; Public expenditure management; budget system; British; French; expenditure; expenditures; budget preparation; annual accounts; external audit; Structure; Scope; and Performance of Government; Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents: General; National Government Expenditures and Related Policies: General; Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development; Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-06-04 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:03/2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .