Prudential Issues in Less Diversified Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Samir Jahjah, 2001. "Financial Stability and Fiscal Crises in a Monetary Union," IMF Working Papers 01/200, International Monetary Fund.
- Graham L Slack, 2003. "Availability of Financial Soundness Indicators," IMF Working Papers 03/58, International Monetary Fund.
- Kaminsky, Graciela L. & Reinhart, Carmen M., 2000. "On crises, contagion, and confusion," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 145-168, June.
- Viral V. Acharya & Iftekhar Hasan & Anthony Saunders, 2006.
"Should Banks Be Diversified? Evidence from Individual Bank Loan Portfolios,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 1355-1412, May.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Anthony Saunders & Viral V. Acharya, 2002. "Should banks be diversified? Evidence from individual bank loan portfolios," BIS Working Papers 118, Bank for International Settlements.
- Barth, James R.*Caprio,Gerard*Levine, Ross, 2001. "The regulation and supervision of banks around the world - a new database," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2588, The World Bank.
- Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Klingebiel, Daniela, 1996. "Bank insolvencies : cross-country experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1620, The World Bank.
- Griffith-Jones, Stephany & Segoviano, Miguel Angel & Spratt, Stephen, 2003. "Basel II and developing countries: diversification and portfolio effects," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24824, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jansen, Marion & Vennes, Yannick, 2006. "Liberalizing financial services trade in Africa: Going regional and multilateral," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2006-03, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2007. "Evolving banking systems in Latin America and the Caribbean: challenges and implications for monetary policy and financial stability," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 33, November.
- Caggiano, Giovanni & Calice, Pietro & Leonida, Leone, 2014. "Early warning systems and systemic banking crises in low income countries: A multinomial logit approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 258-269.
- William Tompson, 2004. "What kind of 'financial safety net' for Russia? Russian Banking reform in comparative context," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 115-135.
- Giovanni Caggiano & Pietro Calice & Leone Leonida, 2013. "Working Paper 190 - Early Warning Systems and Systemic Banking Crises in Low Income Countries: A Multinomial Logit Approach," Working Paper Series 993, African Development Bank.
- Havrylchyk, Olena, 2004. "Rapid loan growth in Russia : A lending boom or a permanent financial deepening?," MPRA Paper 20997, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital adequacy; Financial crisis; Less Diversified Economies; Credit Concentration Risks; banking; credit risk; banking system; banking crises; banking sector; Corporate Finance and Governance: Government Policy and Regulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:03/198. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .