Debt Relief, Additionality, and Aid Allocation in Low Income Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nancy Birdsall & John Williamson, 2002. "Delivering on Debt Relief: From IMF Gold to a New Aid Architecture," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 337.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 2002. "Resolving the Debt Crisis of Low-Income Countries," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 33(1), pages 257-286.
- Enzo Grilli & Markus Riess, 1992. "EC aid to associated countries: distribution and determinants," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 128(2), pages 202-220, June.
- Kevin Ross & R. Brooks & Robert Powell & Ydahlia A. Metzgen Quemarez & Doris C Ross & Mariano Cortes & Saqib Rizavi & Benoit Ketchekmen & Francesca Fornasari, 1998. "External Debt Histories of Ten Low-Income Developing Countries; Lessons from Their Experience," IMF Working Papers 98/72, International Monetary Fund.
- Gounder, Rukmani, 1994. "Empirical results of aid motivations: Australia's bilateral aid program," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 99-113, January.
- Claessens, Stijn & Detragiache, Enrica & Kanbur, Ravi & Wickham, Peter, 1996. "Analytical aspects of the debt problems of heavily indebted poor countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1618, The World Bank.
- Dudley, Leonard & Montmarquette, Claude, 1976. "A Model of the Supply of Bilateral Foreign Aid," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(1), pages 132-142, March.
- Mosley, Paul, 1985. "The Political Economy of Foreign Aid: A Model of the Market for a Public Good," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 373-393, January.
- Cohen, Daniel, 1990. "Debt Relief: Implications of Secondary Market Discounts and Debt Overhangs," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(1), pages 43-53, January.
- Hjertholm, Peter, 2001. "Debt Relief and the Rule of Thumb: Analytical History of HIPC Debt Sustainability Targets," WIDER Working Paper Series 068, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Wall, Howard J., 1995. "The allocation of official development assistance," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 307-314, June.
- Dowling, J. M. & Hiemenz, Ulrich, 1985. "Biases in the allocation of foreign aid: Some new evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 535-541, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johansson, Pernilla, 2008. "Debt Relief, Investment and Growth," Working Papers 2008:11, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Cohen & Pierre Jacquet & Helmut Reisen, 2007.
"Loans or Grants?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), pages 764-782.
- Cohen, Daniel & Jacquet, Pierre & Reisen, Helmut, 2007. "Loans or Grants?," WIDER Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Daniel Cohen & Pierre Jacquet & Helmut Reisen, 2010. "Loans or Grants?," Working Papers id:3218, eSocialSciences.
- Daniel Cohen & Helmut Reisen, 2007. "Loans o Grants?," Post-Print halshs-00754255, HAL.
- Cohen, Daniel & Jacquet, Pierre & Reisen, Helmut, 2007. "Loans or Grants," CEPR Discussion Papers 6024, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jie Yang & Dan Nyberg, 2009. "External Debt Sustainability in HIPC Completion Point Countries; An Update," IMF Working Papers 09/128, International Monetary Fund.
- Heylen, Fanny, 2010. "Analyzing the poverty impact of the enhanced Heavily Indebted Poor Countries (HIPC) initiative in Bolivia," Documentos de trabajo 1/2010, Instituto de Investigaciones Socio-Económicas (IISEC), Universidad Católica Boliviana.
- HEPP, Ralf, 2010.
"CONSEQUENCES OF DEBT RELIEF INITIATIVES IN THE 1990s,"
Applied Econometrics and International Development,
Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 10(1).
- Ralf Hepp, 2005. "Consequences of Debt Relief Initiatives in the 1990s," International Finance 0510004, EconWPA.
- Sandra Marcelino & Ivetta Hakobyan, 2014. "Does Lower Debt Buy Higher Growth? The Impact of Debt Relief Initiatives on Growth," IMF Working Papers 14/230, International Monetary Fund.
- Graham Bird & Dane Rowlands, 2007. "The IMF and the mobilisation of foreign aid," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(5), pages 856-870.
More about this item
KeywordsDevelopment assistance; Debt relief; Aid; Low income countries; low-income countries; HIPCs; additionality; debt; debt reduction; creditors; debt service payments; International Lending and Debt Problems;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:03/175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.