Economic Resilience with An Exchange Rate Peg; The Barbados Experience, 1985-2000
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert P Flood & Joshua Aizenman, 1992. "A Theory of Optimum Currency Areas; Revisited," IMF Working Papers 92/39, International Monetary Fund.
- Holder, Carlos & Worrell, DeLisle, 1985. "A model of price formation for small economies : Three Caribbean examples," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 411-428, August.
- Flood, Robert & Marion, Nancy, 1999.
"Perspectives on the Recent Currency Crisis Literature,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Nancy P. Marion & Robert P Flood, 1998. "Perspectiveson the Recent Currency Crisis Literature," IMF Working Papers 98/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert Flood & Nancy Marion, 1998. "Perspectives on the Recent Currency Crisis Literature," NBER Working Papers 6380, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- N/A, 1996. "Note:," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 31(1-2), pages 1-1, January.
- Michael Kumhof, 2002.
"A Critical View of Inflation Targeting: Crises, Limited Sustaintability, and Aggregate Shocks,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Norman Loayza & Raimundo Soto & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series Editor) (ed.), Inflation Targeting: Desing, Performance, Challenges, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 8, pages 349-394
Central Bank of Chile.
- Michael Kumhof, 2000. "A Critical View of Inflation Targeting: Crises, Limited Sustainability, and Aggregate Shocks," Working Papers 00022, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Michael Kumhof, 2001. "A Critical View of Inflation Targeting: Crises, Limited Sustainability, and Aggregate Shocks," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 127, Central Bank of Chile.
- Boamah, Daniel & Craigwell, Roland, 1993. "Substitution possibilities between imports and traditional factors of production for a small open economy," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 211-223.
- Peter Isard & Hamid Faruqee, 1998. "Exchange Rate Assessment; Extension of the Macroeconomic Balance Approach," IMF Occasional Papers 167, International Monetary Fund.
- Karl F Habermeier & Mario M Mesquita, 1999. "Long-Run Exchange Rate Dynamics; A Panel Data Study," IMF Working Papers 99/50, International Monetary Fund.
- Jason Furman & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1998. "Economic Crises: Evidence and Insights from East Asia," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 1-136.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Winston Moore & Adrian Glean, 2016. "Foreign exchange reserve adequacy and exogenous shocks," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(6), pages 490-501, February.
- Khemraj, Tarron & Pasha, Sukrishnalall, 2011. "Monetary sterilization and dual nominal anchors: some Caribbean examples," MPRA Paper 34503, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Winston Moore & Marlon Williams, 2008. "Evidence on the sectoral monetary transmission process under a fixed exchange rate regime," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 387-398.
- Keyra Primus, 2016. "The Effectiveness of Monetary Policy in Small Open Economies; An Empirical Investigation," IMF Working Papers 16/189, International Monetary Fund.
- Eduardo Wiesner, 2008. "The Political Economy of Macroeconomic Policy Reform in Latin America," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12913.
More about this item
KeywordsBarbados; Caribbean; Stabilization policy; Monetary policy; Foreign exchange; Exchange rate; central bank; inflation; foreign exchange reserves;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-04-18 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:03/168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.