Responsibility of Central Banks for Stability in Financial Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew D. Crockett, 1997. "Why is financial stability a goal of public policy?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue qiv, pages 5-22.
- Andrew D. Crockett, 1997. "Why is financial stability a goal of public policy?," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 7-36.
- Prati, A. & Schinasi, G.J., 1999. "Financial Stability in European Economic and Monetary Union," Princeton Studies in International Economics 86, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Michael D. Bordo, 1990. "The lender of last resort : alternative views and historical experience," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue jan, pages 18-29.
- Paul A. Volcker, 1984. "The Federal Reserve position on restructuring of financial regulation responsibilities," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue jul, pages 547-557.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Allen, William A. & Wood, Geoffrey, 2006. "Defining and achieving financial stability," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 152-172, June.
- Garry J. Schinasi & Pedro Gustavo Teixeira, 2006.
"The Lender of Last Resort in the European Single Financial Market,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Gerard Caprio Jr & Douglas D Evanoff & George G Kaufman (ed.), Cross-Border Banking Regulatory Challenges, chapter 23, pages 349-372,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Pedro Gustavo Teixeira & Garry J. Schinasi, 2006. "The Lender of Last Resort in the European Single Financial Market," IMF Working Papers 06/127, International Monetary Fund.
- Oosterloo, Sander & de Haan, Jakob & Jong-A-Pin, Richard, 2007. "Financial stability reviews: A first empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 337-355, March.
- Malgorzata Olszak, 2012. "Macroprudential policy - aim, instruments and institutional architecture (Polityka ostroznosciowa w ujêciu makro - cel, instrumenty i architektura instytucjonalna)," Problemy Zarzadzania, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 10(39), pages 7-32.
- Lucio Vinhas de Souza, 2004.
"Financial Liberalization and Business Cycles: The Experience of Future EU Member States in the Baltics and Central Eastern Europe,"
0403009, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lucio Vinhas de Souza, 2004. "Financial Liberalization and Business Cycles:The Experience of Future EU Member States in the Baltics and Central Eastern Europe," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 5, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Fumiko Hayashi & William R. Keeton, 2012. "Medición de los costos de los métodos de pago minoristas," Boletín, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, CEMLA, vol. 0(3), pages 152-180, julio-sep.
- Yuksel Gormez & Serkan Yigit, 2009. "The economic and financial stability in Turkey: a historical perspective," SEEMHN papers 12, National Bank of Serbia.
- Claudiu Tiberiu ALBULESCU, 2011. "Macro-Financial Risks and Central Banks: What Changes Has the Crisis Triggered?," Timisoara Journal of Economics, West University of Timisoara, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 4(3(15)), pages 135-142.
- Oosterloo, Sander & de Haan, Jakob, 2004. "Central banks and financial stability: a survey," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 257-273, December.
- Garry J. Schinasi, 2004. "Private Finance and Public Policy," IMF Working Papers 04/120, International Monetary Fund.
- Albulescu, Claudiu Tiberiu, 2008. "Central banks and asset prices: the role of the interest rate in volatility correction in the Romanian case," MPRA Paper 16582, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Jul 2009.
- Jakob Haan & Sander Oosterloo, 2006. "Transparency and accountability of central banks in their role of financial stability supervisor in OECD countries," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 255-271, November.
- Driffill, John & Rotondi, Zeno & Savona, Paolo & Zazzara, Cristiano, 2006. "Monetary policy and financial stability: What role for the futures market?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 95-112, April.
- Ignacio Hernando & Jimena Llopis & Javier Vallés, 2012. "Los retos para la política económica en un entorno de tasas de interés próxima a cero," Boletín, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, CEMLA, vol. 0(3), pages 121-151, julio-sep.
- Ana Vlahović, 2014. "Challenges to the Implementation of a New Framework for Safeguarding Financial Stability," Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 3(3), pages 19-52.
- International Monetary Fund, 2004. "Toward a Framework for Safeguarding Financial Stability," IMF Working Papers 04/101, International Monetary Fund.
- Käfer Benjamin, 2014. "The Taylor Rule and Financial Stability – A Literature Review with Application for the Eurozone," Review of Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 65(2), pages 159-192, August.
- Alicia García Herrero & Pedro del Río, 2003. "Financial stability and the design of monetary policy," Working Papers 0315, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Udaibir S Das & Marc G Quintyn & Kina Chenard, 2004. "Does Regulatory Governance Matter for Financial System Stability? An Empirical Analysis," IMF Working Papers 04/89, International Monetary Fund.
- Martin Cihák & Sonia Muñoz & Shakira Ten Sharifuddin & Kalin Tintchev, 2012. "Informes de estabilidad financieras: ¿cuál es su utilidad?," Boletín, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, CEMLA, vol. 0(3), pages 181-230, julio-sep.
- Kamal, Mona, 2010.
"الإطار النظرى للتنسيق بين السياستين المالية والنقدية
[The Theoretical Framework for the Coordination of Fiscal and Monetary Polices]," MPRA Paper 26856, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sanchis, A. & Segovia, M.J. & Gil, J.A. & Heras, A. & Vilar, J.L., 2007. "Rough Sets and the role of the monetary policy in financial stability (macroeconomic problem) and the prediction of insolvency in insurance sector (microeconomic problem)," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(3), pages 1554-1573, September.
- Sònia Muñoz & Samir Jahjah & Martin Cihak & Sharika Teh Sharifuddin & Kalin I Tintchev, 2012. "Financial Stability Reports; What Are they Good for?," IMF Working Papers 12/1, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial stability; Financial crisis; Central banks and their policies; Central banking; Central banks; Capital markets; International financial markets; financial crises management; banking; banking supervision; bank of england; financial system; General Financial Markets: Government Policy and Regulation; Structure and Scope of Government: General; Economic History: Financial Markets and Institutions: General; International; or Comparative;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:03/121. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.