Foreign Direct Investment in Africa—Some Case Studies
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saleh M. Nsouli & Norbert Funke, 2003. "The New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD) Opportunities and Challenges," IMF Working Papers 03/69, International Monetary Fund.
- Didenko Alexander & Egorova Tatiana, 2014.
"Innovations as factor of absorptive capacity of fdi spillovers across regions of Russian Federation,"
Review of Business and Economics Studies,
CyberLeninka;Федеральное государственное образовательное бюджетное учреждение высшего профессионального образования «Финансовый университет при Правительстве Российской Федерации» (Финансовый университет), issue 3, pages 75-85.
- Didenko, Alexander & Egorova, Tatiana, 2014. "Innovations as factor of absorptive capacity of FDI spillovers across regions of Russian Federation," MPRA Paper 59346, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdoul' Ganiou Mijiyawa, 2014. "Policy Dynamics and Foreign Direct Investment Inflows in Ghana: What Are the Lessons for West African Countries?," Journal of African Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 1-12, April.
- James M. Boughton, 2005. "Does the World Need a Universal Financial Institution?," IMF Working Papers 05/116, International Monetary Fund.
- Akinkugbe, Oluyele, 2003. "Flow of Foreign Direct Investment to Hitherto Neglected Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 002, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Norbert Funke & Faisal Ahmed & Rabah Arezki, 2005. "The Composition of Capital Flows; Is South Africa Different?," IMF Working Papers 05/40, International Monetary Fund.
- Bezuidenhout, Henri & Naude, Wim, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment and Trade in the Southern African Development Community," WIDER Working Paper Series 088, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Stine Jessen Haakonsson, 2009. "'Learning by importing' in global value chains: upgrading and South-South strategies in the Ugandan pharmaceutical industry," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(3), pages 499-516.
- Montfort Mlachila & Misa Takebe, 2011. "FDI from BRICs to LICs; Emerging Growth Driver?," IMF Working Papers 11/178, International Monetary Fund.
- Agnieszka Gehringer, 2014.
"Financial liberalisation, financial development and productivity growth: an overview,"
International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(1), pages 40-65.
- Gehringer, Agnieszka, 2013. "Financial liberalization, financial development and productivity growth: An overview," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-46, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Gilles Cols, 2017.
"The determinants of foreign direct investment in sub-Saharan Africa: What role for governance?,"
Regional Science Policy & Practice,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 63-81, June.
- Andres Rodrigues-Pose & Gilles Cols, 2017. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in sub-Saharan Africa: What Role for Governance?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1720, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Sep 2017.
- Cols, Gilles & Rodrï¿½guez-Pose, Andrï¿½s, 2017. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in sub-Saharan Africa: What Role for Governance?," CEPR Discussion Papers 12223, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dupasquier, Chantal & Osakwe, Patrick N., 2006. "Foreign direct investment in Africa: Performance, challenges, and responsibilities," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 241-260, April.
- Chanchal Kumar Sharma, 2017. "Federalism and Foreign Direct Investment: How Political Affiliation Determines the Spatial Distribution of FDI – Evidence from India," GIGA Working Paper Series 307, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- García Arias, Jorge, 2008. "International finance and development: opportunity or threat?," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- K.R. Shanmugam, 2015. "An Inter-Country Analysis on Growth of Non-Bank Financial Intermediaries," Working Papers 2015-100, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Safia Shabbir, 2012. ": Balance Sheet Channel of Monetary Transmission in Pakistan: An Empirical Investigation," SBP Research Bulletin, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department, vol. 8, pages 1-12.
- Faisal Ahmed & Rabah Arezki & Norbert Funke, 2007. "The composition of capital flows to South Africa," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 275-294.
- World Bank Group, 2015. "Fourth Ethiopia Economic Update," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22317, The World Bank.
- van Waeyenberge, Elisa. & Bargawi, Hannah., 2011. "Macroeconomic policy for "full and productive employment and decent work for all" : Uganda country study," ILO Working Papers 994658733402676, International Labour Organization.
- Amelie Constant & Bienvenue N. Tien, 2010.
"African Leaders: Their Education Abroad and FDI Flows,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1087, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Tien, Bienvenue N., 2010. "African Leaders: Their Education Abroad and FDI Flows," IZA Discussion Papers 5353, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sunday Aninpah Khan, 2008. "Official Flows, Export Revenue, Volatility and Domestic Investment in Cameroon," The African Finance Journal, Africagrowth Institute, vol. 10(1), pages 72-88.
- World Bank, 2008. "Guinea : Development Policy Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7871, The World Bank.
- repec:wsi:jdexxx:v:10:y:2005:i:03:n:s1084946705000203 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic reforms; Africa; Botswana; Lesotho; Namibia; Mozambique; Mauritius; Foreign direct investment; Swaziland; Sub-Saharan Africa; Uganda; stability; fdi; foreign investment; investors; foreign investors; direct investment;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:02/61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.