Growth Slowdown in Bureaucratic Economic Systems; An Issue Revisited
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brada, Josef C., 1978. "Plan execution and the workability of soviet planning," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 65-69, March.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V. & Spagat, Michael, 1992. "Shortages amid plenty under Soviet-type planning: A theory of unreliable supplies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 302-308, June.
- Hurwicz, Leonid, 1973. "The Design of Mechanisms for Resource Allocation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 1-30, May.
- Murrell, Peter & Olson, Mancur, 1991. "The devolution of centrally planned economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 239-265, June.
- Xavier Freixas & Roger Guesnerie & Jean Tirole, 1985. "Planning under Incomplete Information and the Ratchet Effect," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(2), pages 173-191.
- Keren, Michael, 1982. "The ministry, plan changes, and the ratchet in planning," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 327-342, December.
- Easterly, William & Levine, Ross, 1998. "Troubles with the Neighbours: Africa's Problem, Africa's Opportunity," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 7(1), pages 120-142, March.
- Faith, Roger L & Short, Nancy C, 1995. "Bureaucratic Tenure and Economic Performance in Centrally Planned Economies," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 83(1-2), pages 139-157, April.
- Leamer, Edward E. & Taylor, Mark P., 1999. "Estimating growth equations for previously centrally planned economies: Dealing with dubious data and disparate information," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 639-671.
- Sapir, Andre, 1980.
"Economic Growth and Factor Substitution: What Happened to the Yugoslav Miracle?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 294-313, June.
- André Sapir, 1980. "Economic growth and factor substitution: what happened to the Yugoslav miracle?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8294, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Milanovic, Branko & DEC, 1994. "Determinants of cross-country income inequality : an augmented Kuznets hypothesis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1246, The World Bank.
- Ickes, Barry W, 1990. "Do Socialist Countries Suffer a Common Business Cycle?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 397-405, August.
- Alexeev, Michael, 1991. "The 'storming' pattern of enterprise behavior in a centrally planned economy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 173-185, March.
- Baron, David P. & Besanko, David, 1984. "Regulation and information in a continuing relationship," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 267-302.
- Parsons, John E, 1986. "Credit Contracts in the G.D.R.: Decentralized Investment Decisions in a Planned Economy," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 28-51.
- Easterly, William & Fischer, Stanley, 1995. "The Soviet Economic Decline," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(3), pages 341-371, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zuzana Brixiov?? & Ale?? Bul??r, 2002. "Growth Slowdown Under Central Planning: A Model of Poor Incentives," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 448, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Francisca Guedes de Oliveira, 2010. "Evidence on the relation between public capital and Government efficiency," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 01, Católica Porto Business School, Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
- Francisca Guedes de Oliveira, 2012. "Empirical Determinants of Government Efficiency: A study Based on Objective Indicators," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 03, Católica Porto Business School, Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
- Dirk Bezemer & Uwe Dulleck & Paul Frijters, 2003.
"Socialism, Capitalism, and Transition - Coordination of Economic Relations and Output Performance,"
School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series
168a, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Paul Frijters & Dirk Bezemer & Uwe Dulleck, 2003. "Socialism, Capitalism, and Transition - Coordination of Economic Relations and Output Performance," Paul Frijters Discussion Papers 2003, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Dirk Bezemer & Uwe Dulleck & Paul Frijters, 2003. "Socialism, Capitalism, and Transition-Coordination of Economic Relations and Output Performance," Vienna Economics Papers 0305, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:01/6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .