Whose Inflation? A Characterization of the CPI Plutocratic Bias
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pollak, Robert A, 1980. "Group Cost-of-Living Indexes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(2), pages 273-278, May.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1996. "On Using Linear Regressions in Welfare Economics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(4), pages 478-486, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chamon, Marcos & de Carvalho Filho, Irineu, 2014.
"Consumption based estimates of urban Chinese growth,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 126-137.
- Marcos d Chamon & Irineu E de Carvalho Filho, 2013. "Consumption Based Estimates of Urban Chinese Growth," IMF Working Papers 13/265, International Monetary Fund.
- Alvaro Montenegro, 2004. "50 años del índice de precios en Colombia," DOCUMENTOS DE ECONOMÍA 001904, UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA - BOGOTÁ.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Income; Inflation; consumer price index; plutocratic index; democratic index; group index; aggregation; equivalence scales; expenditure; equation; expenditures; survey; covariance; Personal Income; Wealth; and Their Distributions; Equity; Justice; Inequality; and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-11-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-ALL-2006-07-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2001-11-27 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-NET-2001-11-27 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:01/59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .