Whose Inflation? A Characterization of the CPI Plutocratic Bias
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pollak, Robert A, 1980. "Group Cost-of-Living Indexes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(2), pages 273-278, May.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1996. "On Using Linear Regressions in Welfare Economics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(4), pages 478-486, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chamon, Marcos & de Carvalho Filho, Irineu, 2014.
"Consumption based estimates of urban Chinese growth,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 126-137.
- Marcos d Chamon & Irineu E de Carvalho Filho, 2013. "Consumption Based Estimates of Urban Chinese Growth," IMF Working Papers 13/265, International Monetary Fund.
- Alvaro Montenegro, 2004. "50 años del índice de precios en Colombia," DOCUMENTOS DE ECONOMÍA 001904, UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA - BOGOTÁ.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Income; Inflation; consumer price index; plutocratic index; democratic index; group index; aggregation; equivalence scales; expenditure; equation; expenditures; survey; covariance; Personal Income; Wealth; and Their Distributions; Equity; Justice; Inequality; and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-11-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-ALL-2006-07-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2001-11-27 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-NET-2001-11-27 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:01/59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.