The Impact of Public Education Expenditure on Human Capital, Growth, and Poverty in Tanzania and Zambia; A General Equilibrium Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Eric A. Hanushek, 1996. "Measuring Investment in Education," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 9-30, Fall.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Verhoeven, Marijn, 2001. "The efficiency of government expenditure: experiences from Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 433-467, May.
- Robinson, Sherman & Yunez-Naude, Antonio & Hinojosa-Ojeda, Raul & Lewis, Jeffrey D. & Devarajan, Shantayanan, 1999. "From stylized to applied models:: Building multisector CGE models for policy analysis," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 5-38.
- Marijn Verhoeven & Sanjeev Gupta & Erwin H Tiongson, 1999. "Does Higher Government Spending Buy Better Results in Education and Health Care?," IMF Working Papers 99/21, International Monetary Fund.
- Behrman, Jere R & Birdsall, Nancy, 1983. "The Quality of Schooling: Quantity Alone is Misleading," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 928-946, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Margaret Chitiga & Ramos Mabugu & Hélène Maisonnave & Véronique Robichaud & Bernard Decaluwé, 2009. "The Impact of the International Economic Crisis in South Africa," Cahiers de recherche 0952, CIRPEE.
- Hong, Chanyoung & Yang, Heewon & Hwang, Wonsik & Lee, Jeong-Dong, 2014. "Validation of an R&D-based computable general equilibrium model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 454-463.
- Zuzana KÃ…Â™ÃƒÂstkovÃƒÂ¡, 2010. "Approaches to the Dynamization of the CGE Model Applied to the Czech Republic," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(0), pages 59-82, May.
- Rodriguez, U-Primo E., 2007. "State-of-the-Art in Regional Computable General Equilibrium Modelling with a Case Study of the Philippines," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 20(1).
- Zuzana KÃƒâ€¦Ã‚â„¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚ÂstkovÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¡, 2010. "Approaches to the Dynamization of the CGE Model Applied to the Czech Republic," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(0), pages 59-82, May.
- Nursini Nursini, 2017. "Effect of Fiscal Policy and Trade Openness on Economic Growth in Indonesia: 1990-2015," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 358-364.
- Nlemfu Mukoko, Jean Blaise, 2016.
"Investissements Sociaux et Pauvreté en R.D.Congo: Une Approche en Équilibre Général
[Social Investments and Poverty in the D.R.Congo : A General Equilibrium Approach]," MPRA Paper 72662, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bigsten, Arne & Levin, Jorgen & Persson, Hakan, 2001. "Debt Relief and Growth: A study of Zambia and Tanzania," WIDER Working Paper Series 104, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sinha, Anushree & Khan, Haider, 2008. "Gender and Informal Sector Analysis in India: Economy Wide Approaches," WIDER Working Paper Series 065, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsEducation; Population; Tanzania; Zambia; Public expenditure; CGE; poverty; wage; education expenditure; schooling; educated workers; wage rate; Tanzania; United Republic of; Cge Education Poverty; National Government Expenditures And Related Policies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:01/106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .