Modeling Politics with Economic Tools; A Critical Survey of the Literature
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Dubois, 2016. "Political business cycles 40 years after Nordhaus," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 166(1), pages 235-259, January.
- Nakaguma, Marcos Yamada & Bender, Siegfried, 2010. "Ciclos Políticos e Resultados Eleitorais: Um Estudo sobre o Comportamento do Eleitor Brasileiro," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil), vol. 64(1), March.
- Dopke, Jorg & Pierdzioch, Christian, 2006.
"Politics and the stock market: Evidence from Germany,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 925-943, December.
- Pierdzioch, Christian & Döpke, Jörg, 2004. "Politics and the Stock Market: Evidence from Germany," Kiel Working Papers 1203, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Waisman, Maya & Ye, Pengfei & Zhu, Yun, 2015. "The effect of political uncertainty on the cost of corporate debt," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 106-117.
- Eric Dubois, 2016. "Political Business Cycles 40 Years after Nordhaus," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01291401, HAL.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-01291401 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:endesu:v:21:y:2019:i:2:d:10.1007_s10668-017-0070-2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness cycles; Economic policy; Economic models; Public sector; Endogenous politics; political business cycles; optimal government behavior; unemployment; election; voters; social welfare; voting; Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines; History of Thought: Macroeconomics; Models of Political Processes: Rent-seeking; Elections; Legislatures; and Voting Behavior;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2006-07-02 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-HPE-2006-07-02 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2006-07-02 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2006-07-02 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-POL-2006-07-02 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:01/10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .