Currency Boards, Credibility, and Macroeconomic Behavior
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Luis A. Rivera-Batiz & Amadou N. R. Sy, 2013. "Currency Boards, Credibility, and Macroeconomic Behavior," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(2), pages 831-870, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barro, Robert J. & Gordon, David B., 1983.
"Rules, discretion and reputation in a model of monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 101-121.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1983. "Rules, Discretion and Reputation in a Model of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 1079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Graciela L. Kaminsky, 1999.
"The Twin Crises: The Causes of Banking and Balance-of-Payments Problems,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 473-500, June.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996. "The twin crises: the causes of banking and balance-of-payments problems," International Finance Discussion Papers 544, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 2000.
"Las crisis gemelas: las causas de los problemas bancarios y de balanza de pagos
[The twin crises: Te causes of banking and balance of payments problems]," MPRA Paper 13842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 1999. "The twin crises: The causes of banking and balance of payments problems," MPRA Paper 14081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Allan Drazen & Paul R. Masson, 1994.
"Credibility of Policies Versus Credibility of Policymakers,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 735-754.
- Allan Drazen & Paul R. Masson, 1993. "Credibility of Policies versus Credibility of Policymakers," NBER Working Papers 4448, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul R Masson & Allan Drazen, 1994. "Credibility of Policies Versus Credibility of Policymakers," IMF Working Papers 94/49, International Monetary Fund.
- Jonathan David Ostry & Anne Marie Gulde & Atish R. Ghosh & Holger C. Wolf, 1995.
"Does the Nominal Exchange Rate Regime Matter?,"
IMF Working Papers
95/121, International Monetary Fund.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Anne-Marie Gulde & Jonathan D. Ostry & Holger C. Wolf, 1997. "Does the Nominal Exchange Rate Regime Matter?," NBER Working Papers 5874, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Anne-Marie Gulde & Jonathan D. Ostry & Holger C. Wolf, 1997. "Does The Nominal Exchange Rate Regime Matter?," Working Papers 97-09, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daianu, Daniel & Vranceanu, Radu, 2003.
"Subduing High Inflation In Romania. How To Better Monetary And Exchange Rate Mechanisms?,"
Journal for Economic Forecasting,
Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 5-36, September.
- Daniel Daianu & Radu Vranceanu, 2001. "Subduing High Inflation in Romania: How to Better Monetary and Exchange Rate Mechanisms?," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 5, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Daniel Daianu & Radu Vranceanu, 2001. "Subduing High Inflation in Romania. How to Better Monetary and Exchange Rate Mechanisms?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 402, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Spiegel, Mark M. & Valderrama, Diego, 2003.
"Currency boards, dollarized liabilities, and monetary policy credibility,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 1065-1087, December.
- Diego Valderrama & Mark M. Spiegel, 2003. "Currency boards, dollarized liabilities, and monetary policy credibility," Working Paper Series 2003-07, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Gregor Irwin, 2001. "Currency Boards and Currency Crises," Economics Series Working Papers 65, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Schmukler, Sergio L. & Serven, Luis, 2002.
"Pricing currency risk : facts and puzzles from currency boards,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2815, The World Bank.
- Sergio L. Schmukler & Luis Serven, 2002. "Pricing Currency Risk: Facts and Puzzles from Currency Boards," NBER Working Papers 9047, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:11:y:2005:i:4:p:347-357 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fuchun Jin, 2002. "A Model to Analyze the Macroeconomic Interdependence of Hong Kong with China and the United States," Working Papers 062002, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Emil Kalchev, 2015. "The Currency Board In Bulgaria – Staus Quo And Perspectives," Economy & Business Journal, International Scientific Publications, Bulgaria, vol. 9(1), pages 554-562.
- Urmas Sepp & Raoul Lättemäe & Martti Randveer, 2002. "The History and Sustainability of the CBA in Estonia," Macroeconomics 0212002, EconWPA.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial crisis; Exchange rates; Currency boards; Credibility; Currency Board; Currency Crisis; Fixed Exchange Rate; exchange rate; exchange rate regimes; exchange rate regime;
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:00/97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.