Aftermath of Banking Crises; Effectson Real and Monetary Variables
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gupta, Poonam, 2005. "Aftermath of banking crises: Effects on real and monetary variables," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 675-691, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Graciela L. Kaminsky, 1999.
"The Twin Crises: The Causes of Banking and Balance-of-Payments Problems,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 473-500, June.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996. "The twin crises: the causes of banking and balance-of-payments problems," International Finance Discussion Papers 544, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 2000.
"Las crisis gemelas: las causas de los problemas bancarios y de balanza de pagos
[The twin crises: Te causes of banking and balance of payments problems]," MPRA Paper 13842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 1999. "The twin crises: The causes of banking and balance of payments problems," MPRA Paper 14081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carlos A. VÃ©gh, 1990. "Interest Rate Policy in a Small Open Economy: The Predetermined Exchange Rates Case," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(4), pages 753-776, December.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Balance-of-Payments Crises," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 311-325, August.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason, 2000.
"Causes of U.S. Bank Distress During the Depression,"
NBER Working Papers
7919, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason, 2001. "Causes of U.S. bank distress during the depression," Proceedings 714, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Chang, Roberto & Velasco, Andres, 2000.
"Financial Fragility and the Exchange Rate Regime,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 1-34, May.
- Roberto Chang & Andres Velasco, 1997. "Financial fragility and the exchange rate regime," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 97-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Chang, R. & Velasco, A., 1998. "Financial Fragility and the Exchange Rate Regime," Working Papers 98-05, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Roberto Chang & Andres Velasco, 1998. "Financial Fragility and the Exchange Rate Regime," NBER Working Papers 6469, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masao Ogaki & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1998.
"Measuring Intertemporal Substitution: The Role of Durable Goods,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 1078-1098, October.
- Ogaki, M & Reinhart, C-M, 1995. "Measuring Intertemporal Substitution : The Role of Durable Goods," RCER Working Papers 404, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Reinhart, Carmen & Ogaki, Masao, 1995. "Measuring intertemporal substitution: The role of durable goods," MPRA Paper 13690, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Feenstra, Robert C, 1985. "Anticipated Devaluations, Currency Flight, and Direct Trade Controls in a Monetary Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 386-401, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Serwa, Dobromil, 2010.
"Larger crises cost more: Impact of banking sector instability on output growth,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1463-1481, December.
- Serwa, Dobromił, 2007. "Larger crises cost more: impact of banking sector instability on output growth," MPRA Paper 5101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dobromil Serwa, 2008. "Larger crises cost more: impact of banking sector instability on output growth," Working Papers 25, Department of Applied Econometrics, Warsaw School of Economics.
- International Monetary Fund, 2009. "Paraguay; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 09/184, International Monetary Fund.
- Ambrosius, Christian, 2017. "What explains the speed of recovery from banking crises?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 257-287.
- Eric Santor, 2003. "Banking Crises and Contagion: Empirical Evidence," Staff Working Papers 03-1, Bank of Canada.
- Jokipii, Terhi & Monnin, Pierre, 2013.
"The impact of banking sector stability on the real economy,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 1-16.
- Pierre Monnin & Terhi Jokipii, 2010. "The Impact of Banking Sector Stability on the Real Economy," Working Papers 2010-05, Swiss National Bank.
- Lagoarde-Segot, Thomas & Leoni, Patrick L., 2013. "Pandemics of the poor and banking stability," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4574-4583.
- Ambrosius, Christian, 2016. "What Explains the Speed of Recovery from Banking Crises?," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145606, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Alexandra Lai, 2002. "Modelling Financial Instability: A Survey of the Literature," Staff Working Papers 02-12, Bank of Canada.
- Moore, Winston, 2009. "How do financial crises affect commercial bank liquidity? Evidence from Latin America and the Caribbean," MPRA Paper 21473, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sarah Sanya & Montfort Mlachila, 2010. "Post-Crisis Bank Behavior; Lessons From Mercosur," IMF Working Papers 10/1, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial crisis; Economic models; Banking; Banking Crisis; banking crises; bank credit; banking sector;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:00/96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.