What Caused the 1991 Currency Crisis in India?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oumar Diallo & Boileau Loko & Kangni R Kpodar, 2007.
"Buoyant Capital Spending and Worries over Real Appreciation; Cold Facts from Algeria,"
IMF Working Papers
07/286, International Monetary Fund.
- Kangni KPODAR & Oumar DIALLO & Boileau LOKO, 2008. "Buoyant Capital Spending and Worries over Real Appreciation: Cold Facts from Algeria," Working Papers 200804, CERDI.
- Kangni Kpodar & Boileau Loko & Oumar Diallo, 2011. "Buoyant Capital Spending and Worries over Real Appreciation: Cold Facts from Algeria," Working Papers halshs-00556935, HAL.
- Mallick, Sushanta K., 2005. "Tight credit policy versus currency depreciation: Simulations from a trade and inflation model of India," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 611-627, July.
- Vaz, Eric, 2013. "The Spatial Business Landscape of India," Journal of Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, CIEO-Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, University of Algarve, vol. 1(4), pages 241-253.
- Mahvash S Qureshi, 2008. "Africa’s Oil Abundance and External Competitiveness; Do Institutions Matter?," IMF Working Papers 08/172, International Monetary Fund.
- Philip R. Lane & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2006.
"The international financial integration of China and India,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jun.
- Lane, Philip R. & Schmukler, Sergio, 2006. "The International Financial Integration of China and India," CEPR Discussion Papers 5852, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lane, Philip R. & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2007. "The international financial integration of China and India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4132, The World Bank.
- Cheng, Fuzhi & Orden, David, 2005. "Exchange Rate Misalignment and Its Effects on Agricultural Producer Support Estimates: Empirical Evidence from India and China," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19121, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Cheng, Fuzhi & Orden, David, 2006. "Exchange Rate Misalignment and Its Effects on Agricultural Producer Support Estimates (PSEs) in India," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25299, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Petia Topalova, 2010.
"Factor Immobility and Regional Impacts of Trade Liberalization: Evidence on Poverty from India,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 1-41, October.
- Petia Topalova, 2010. "Factor Immobility and Regional Impacts of Trade Liberalization Evidenceon Poverty From India," IMF Working Papers 10/218, International Monetary Fund.
- George, Justine, 2016. "Is foreign portfolio Investment beneficial to India’s balance of Payments? : An Exploratory analysis," MPRA Paper 70456, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ris:cieodp:2013_020 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bown, Chad P. & Tovar, Patricia, 2011. "Trade liberalization, antidumping, and safeguards: Evidence from India's tariff reform," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 115-125, September.
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:55:y:2010:i:01:n:s0217590810003663 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sen Gupta, Abhijit, 2010.
"Management of International Capital Flows: The Indian Experience,"
23747, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abhijit Sen Gupta, 2010. "Management of International Capital Flows: The Indian Experience," Competence Centre on Money, Trade, Finance and Development 1003, Hochschule fuer Technik und Wirtschaft, Berlin.
- Mallick, Sushanta & Marques, Helena, 2010. "Data frequency and exchange rate pass-through: Evidence from India's exports," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 13-22, January.
- Cheng, Fuzhi & Orden, David, 2005. "Exchange rate misalignment and its effects on agricultural producer support estimates," MTID discussion papers 81, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Patricia, Tovar, 2011. "India: The use of temporary trade barriers," MPRA Paper 41054, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicholas Rada, 2016. "India's post-green-revolution agricultural performance: what is driving growth?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(3), pages 341-350, May.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital controls; Devaluation; Currencies; Economic models; Exchange rates; Financial crisis; India; Currency Crisis; Equilibrium Exchange Rate; Error Correction Model; Gonzalo-Granger decomposition; exchange rate; real exchange rate; current account; current account deficits;
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F47 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:00/157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.