Dealing with High Debt in an Era of Low Growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Aghion & David Hemous & Enisse Kharroubi, 2009.
"Credit Constraints, Cyclical Fiscal Policy and Industry Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
15119, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aghion, Philippe & Hemous, David & Kharroubi, Enisse, 2014. "Credit Constraints, Cyclical Fiscal Policy and Industry Growth," Scholarly Articles 12585130, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Aghion, Philippe & Hemous, David & Kharroubi, Enisse, 2009. "Credit Constraints, Cyclical Fiscal Policy and Industry Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 7359, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2009.
"An assessment of financial sector rescue programmes,"
Bank for International Settlements, number 48, November.
- Fabio Panetta & Thomas Faeh & Giuseppe Grande & Corrinne Ho & Michael King & Aviram Levy & Federico M. Signoretti & Marco Taboga & Andrea Zaghini, 2009. "An assessment of financial sector rescue programmes," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 47, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Christopher Crowe & Ellen E. Meade, 2007. "The Evolution of Central Bank Governance around the World," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(4), pages 69-90, Fall.
- Luc Laeven & Harry Huizinga, 2009.
"Accounting discretion of banks during a financial crisis,"
IMF Working Papers
09/207, International Monetary Fund.
- Huizinga, H.P. & Laeven, L., 2009. "Accounting Discretion of Banks During a Financial Crisis," Discussion Paper 2009-58, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Huizinga, Harry & Laeven, Luc, 2009. "Accounting discretion of banks during a financial crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 7381, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marc G Quintyn & David S. Hoelscher, 2003. "Managing Systemic Banking Crises," IMF Occasional Papers 224, International Monetary Fund.
- Djankov, Simeon & McLiesh, Caralee & Shleifer, Andrei, 2007.
"Private credit in 129 countries,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 299-329, May.
- Simeon Djankov & Caralee McLiesh & Andrei Shleifer, 2005. "Private Credit in 129 Countries," NBER Working Papers 11078, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Djankov, Simeon & McLiesh, Caralee, 2007. "Private credit in 129 countries?," Scholarly Articles 27867134, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Nicolas Véron & Morris Goldstein, 2011. "Too big to fail: the transatlantic debate," Working Papers 495, Bruegel.
- Burkhard Drees & Ceyla Pazarbasioglu, 1995. "The Nordic Banking Crises; Pitfalls in Financial Liberalization?," IMF Working Papers 95/61, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Botta, Alberto & Tori, Daniele, 2017. "A critique to the expansionary austerity (part III): empirical counter facts beyond theoretical weaknesses," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 16387, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Jean-Charles Bricongne & Aurora Mordonu, 2017.
"Interlinkages Between Household and Corporate Debt in Advanced Economies,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 28(5), pages 1029-1055, November.
- Jean-Charles Bricongne & Aurora Maria Mordonu, 2015. "Interlinkages between Household and Corporate Debt in Advanced Economies," European Economy - Discussion Papers 2015 - 017, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Salvatore Dell'Erba & Marcos Poplawski-Ribeiro & Ksenia Koloskova, 2014. "Medium-Term Fiscal Multipliers during Protracted Recessions," IMF Working Papers 14/213, International Monetary Fund.
- Emanuele Baldacci & Sanjeev Gupta & Carlos Mulas-Granados, 2013. "Debt Reduction, Fiscal Adjustment, and Growth in Credit-Constrained Economies," IMF Working Papers 13/238, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2014. "South Africa; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 14/339, International Monetary Fund.
- Fidora, Michael & Schmitz, Martin & Tcheng, Céline, 2017. "Reducing large net foreign liabilities," Working Paper Series 2074, European Central Bank.
- repec:sgm:jbfeuw:v:1:y:2017:i:7:p:28-50 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bernardin Akitoby & Takuji Komatsuzaki & Ariel J Binder, 2014. "Inflation and Public Debt Reversals in the G7 Countries," IMF Working Papers 14/96, International Monetary Fund.
- Alberto Botta & Daniele Tori, 2015. "A critique to the expansionary austerity: Theoretical weaknesses and empirical counter evidence," Working Papers PKWP1511, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
- Emanuele Baldacci & Sanjeev Gupta & Carlos Mulas-Granados, 2012. "Reassessing the fiscal mix for successful debt reduction," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 27(71), pages 365-406, July.
More about this item
KeywordsDebt strategy; Debt reduction; Developed countries; Fiscal policy; Fiscal reforms; Monetary policy; Privatization; Public debt; General Government Debt; Public Debt Sustainability; Fiscal Consolidation; fiscal effort; fiscal adjustment;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfsdn:13/7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .