Women, Work, and the Economy:Macroeconomic Gains from Gender Equity
The proposed SDN discusses the specific macro-critical aspects of women’s participation in the labor market and the constraints that prevent women from developing their full economic potential. Building on earlier Fund analysis, work undertaken by other organizations and academic research, the SDN presents possible policies to overcome these obstacles in different types of countries.
|Date of creation:||20 Sep 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Cuberes & Marc Teignier, 2012. "Gender Gaps in the Labor Market and Aggregate Productivity," Working Papers 2012017, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Marcelo Medeiros & Tatiana Britto & Fabio Veras Soares, 2008. "Targeted Cash Transfer Programmes in Brazil: BPC and the Bolsa Familia," Working Papers 46, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Richard B. Freeman & Ronald Schettkat, 2002.
"Marketization of Production and the US-Europe Employment Gap,"
NBER Working Papers
8797, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Freeman, Richard B & Schettkat, Ronald, 2001. " Marketization of Production and the US-Europe Employment Gap," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(0), pages 647-70, Special I.
- Richard Freeman & Ronald Schettkat, 2002. "Marketization of Production and the US-Europe Employment Gap," CEP Discussion Papers dp0559, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ronald Schettkat & Richard B. Freeman, 2002. "Marketization of production and the US-Europe employment gap," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20061, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Guyonne Kalb, 2007.
"Children, Labour Supply and Childcare: Challenges for Empirical Analysis,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2007n15, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Guyonne Kalb, 2009. "Children, Labour Supply and Child Care: Challenges for Empirical Analysis," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 42(3), pages 276-299.
- John Hicks & Parikshit K. Basu & Richard B. Sappey, 2010. "Ageing, Labour Force Participation and Education: Comparing the Implications for Economic Growth in China and India," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 29(3), pages 333-341, 09.
- Tsani, Stella & Paroussos, Leonidas & Fragiadakis, Costas & Charalambidis, Ioannis & Capros, Pantelis, 2013. "Female labour force participation and economic growth in the South Mediterranean countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 323-328.
- Raquel FernÃ¡ndez, 2013. "Cultural Change as Learning: The Evolution of Female Labor Force Participation over a Century," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(1), pages 472-500, February.
- Do, Quy-Toan & Levchenko, Andrei A. & Raddatz, Claudio, 2011. "Engendering trade," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5777, The World Bank.
- Esther Duflo, 2011.
"Women's Empowerment and Economic Development,"
NBER Working Papers
17702, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 1998.
"The Economic Consequences Of Parental Leave Mandates: Lessons From Europe,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 113(1), pages 285-317, February.
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 1996. "The Economic Consequences of Parental Leave Mandates: Lessons from Europe," NBER Working Papers 5688, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gong, Xiaodong & Breunig, Robert & King, Anthony, 2010.
"How Responsive is Female Labour Supply to Child Care Costs: New Australian Estimates,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5119, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Xiaodong Gong & Robert Breunig & Anthony King, 2010. "How responsive is female labour supply to child care costs - new Australian estimates," Treasury Working Papers 2010-03, The Treasury, Australian Government, revised Apr 2010.
- Joshua Comenetz & Ales Bulir & Zuzana Brixiova, 2001. "The Gender Gap in Education in Eritrea in 1991-1998: A Missed Opportunity?," IMF Working Papers 01/94, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:imf:imfwpa:04/20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fabio Veras Soares & Rafael Perez Ribas & Rafael Guerreiro Osório, 2007. "Evaluating the Impact of Brazil?s Bolsa Família: Cash Transfer Programmes in Comparative Perspective," Publications 1, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfsdn:13/10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.