Women, Work, and the Economy; Macroeconomic Gains from Gender Equity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Esther Duflo, 2012. "Women Empowerment and Economic Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1051-1079, December.
- Freeman, Richard B & Schettkat, Ronald, 2001.
" Marketization of Production and the US-Europe Employment Gap,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(0), pages 647-670, Special I.
- Richard B. Freeman & Ronald Schettkat, 2002. "Marketization of Production and the US-Europe Employment Gap," NBER Working Papers 8797, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Freeman & Ronald Schettkat, 2002. "Marketization of Production and the US-Europe Employment Gap," CEP Discussion Papers dp0559, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Schettkat, Ronald & Freeman, Richard B., 2002. "Marketization of production and the US-Europe employment gap," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20061, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Irineu Evangelista de Carvalho Filho, 2012.
"Household Income as a Determinant of Child Labor and School Enrollment in Brazil: Evidence from a Social Security Reform,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(2), pages 399-435.
- Irineu E de Carvalho Filho, 2008. "Household Income As A Determinant of Child Labor and School Enrollment in Brazil; Evidence From A Social Security Reform," IMF Working Papers 08/241, International Monetary Fund.
- de Carvalho Filho, Irineu E., 2010. "Household income as a determinant of child labor and school enrollment in Brazil: Evidence from a social security reform," MPRA Paper 26046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guyonne Kalb, 2009.
"Children, Labour Supply and Child Care: Challenges for Empirical Analysis,"
Australian Economic Review,
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 42(3), pages 276-299.
- Guyonne Kalb, 2007. "Children, Labour Supply and Childcare: Challenges for Empirical Analysis," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2007n15, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Mercedes Garcia-Escribano, 2004. "Does Spousal Labor Smooth Fluctuations in Husbands’ Earnings? The Role of Liquidity Constraints," IMF Working Papers 04/20, International Monetary Fund.
- Xiaodong Gong & Robert Breunig & Anthony King, 2010.
"How responsive is female labour supply to child care costs - new Australian estimates,"
Treasury Working Papers
2010-03, The Treasury, Australian Government, revised Apr 2010.
- Gong, Xiaodong & Breunig, Robert & King, Anthony, 2010. "How Responsive is Female Labour Supply to Child Care Costs: New Australian Estimates," IZA Discussion Papers 5119, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Raquel Fernández, 2013. "Cultural Change as Learning: The Evolution of Female Labor Force Participation over a Century," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(1), pages 472-500, February.
- Fabio Veras Soares & Rafael Perez Ribas & Rafael Guerreiro Osório, 2007. "Evaluating the Impact of Brazil?s Bolsa Família: Cash Transfer Programmes in Comparative Perspective," Publications 1, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 1998.
"The Economic Consequences of Parental Leave Mandates: Lessons from Europe,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(1), pages 285-317.
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 1996. "The Economic Consequences of Parental Leave Mandates: Lessons from Europe," NBER Working Papers 5688, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Hicks & Parikshit K. Basu & Richard B. Sappey, 2010. "Ageing, Labour Force Participation and Education: Comparing the Implications for Economic Growth in China and India," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 29(3), pages 333-341, September.
- Tsani, Stella & Paroussos, Leonidas & Fragiadakis, Costas & Charalambidis, Ioannis & Capros, Pantelis, 2013. "Female labour force participation and economic growth in the South Mediterranean countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 323-328.
- Marcelo Medeiros & Tatiana Britto & Fabio Veras Soares, 2008. "Targeted Cash Transfer Programmes in Brazil: BPC and the Bolsa Familia," Working Papers 46, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Joshua Comenetz & Ales Bulir & Zuzana Brixiova, 2001. "The Gender Gap in Education in Eritrea in 1991-1998; A Missed Opportunity?," IMF Working Papers 01/94, International Monetary Fund.
- Do, Quy-Toan & Levchenko, Andrei A. & Raddatz, Claudio, 2011. "Engendering trade," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5777, The World Bank.
- David Cuberes & Marc Teignier, 2012. "Gender Gaps in the Labor Market and Aggregate Productivity," Working Papers 2012017, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Asadullah, Niaz & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2016.
"Missing from the Market: Purdah Norm and Women's Paid Work Participation in Bangladesh,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10463, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Asadullah, M Niaz & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2017. "Missing from the Market: Purdah Norm and Women’s Paid Work Participation in Bangladesh," GLO Discussion Paper Series 21, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Efobi, Uchenna & Tanankem, Belmondo & Asongu, Simplice, 2016.
"Technological Advancement and the Evolving Gender Identities: A Focus on the Level of Female Economic Participation in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
77306, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Uchenna Efobi & Belmondo Tanankem & Simplice Asongu, 2016. "Technological Advancement and the Evolving Gender Identities: A Focus on the Level of Female Economic Participation in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 16/045, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Taniya Ghosh & Sanika Sulochani Ramanayake, 2018. "Women empowerment and good times: Which one leads to the other?," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2018-004, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Janet Gale Stotsky, 2016. "Gender Budgeting; Fiscal Context and Current Outcomes," IMF Working Papers 16/149, International Monetary Fund.
- Romina Kazandjian & Lisa L Kolovich & Kalpana Kochhar & Monique Newiak, 2016. "Gender Equality and Economic Diversification," IMF Working Papers 16/140, International Monetary Fund.
- Doerr, Annabelle, 2017. "Back to work: The long-term effects of vocational training for female job returners," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 17/02, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- repec:eso:journl:v:48:y:2017:i:3:p:337-364 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mojgan Samandar Ali Eshtehardi & Seyed Kamran Bagheri, 2015. "Gender Gap in Patenting Activities: Evidence from Iran," LEM Papers Series 2015/22, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Doerr, Annabelle, 2017. "Back to work: The Long-term Effects of Vocational Training for Female Job Returners," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168213, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Christine Dieterich & Anni Huang & Alun H. Thomas, 2016. "Women’s Opportunities and Challenges in Sub-Saharan African Job Markets," IMF Working Papers 16/118, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsDeveloped countries; Employment; Emerging markets; Labor markets; Gender equality; Fiscal policy; Women;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-10-05 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2013-10-05 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2013-10-05 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfsdn:13/10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .