(Why) Should Current Account Balances Be Reduced?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Graciela L. Kaminsky, 1999.
"The Twin Crises: The Causes of Banking and Balance-of-Payments Problems,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 473-500, June.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996. "The twin crises: the causes of banking and balance-of-payments problems," International Finance Discussion Papers 544, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 2000.
"Las crisis gemelas: las causas de los problemas bancarios y de balanza de pagos
[The twin crises: Te causes of banking and balance of payments problems]," MPRA Paper 13842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 1999. "The twin crises: The causes of banking and balance of payments problems," MPRA Paper 14081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ricardo J Caballero & Guido Lorenzoni, 2014.
"Persistent Appreciations and Overshooting: A Normative Analysis,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 62(1), pages 1-47, April.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Guido Lorenzoni, 2007. "Persistent Appreciations and Overshooting: A Normative Analysis," NBER Working Papers 13077, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guido Lorenzoni & Ricardo J. Caballero, 2007. "Persistent Appreciations and Overshooting: A Normative Analysis," 2007 Meeting Papers 196, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Sachs, Jeffrey, 1985. "Exchange Rates and Economic Recovery in the 1930s," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(04), pages 925-946, December.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Mitali Das & Hamid Faruqee, 2010. "The Initial Impact of the Crisis on Emerging Market Countries," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 41(1 (Spring), pages 263-323.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew J. Filardo & Pierre L. Siklos, 2016.
"Prolonged Reserves Accumulation, Credit Booms, Asset Prices and Monetary Policy in Asia,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(2), pages 364-381, February.
- Filardo, Andrew J. & Siklos, Pierre L., 2013. "Prolonged reserves accumulation, credit booms, asset prices and monetary policy in Asia," BOFIT Discussion Papers 5/2013, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Andrew J Filardo & Pierre L Siklos, 2015. "Prolonged reserves accumulation, credit booms, asset prices and monetary policy in Asia," BIS Working Papers 500, Bank for International Settlements.
- Andrew J. Filardo, Pierre L. Siklos, 2015. "Prolonged Reserves Accumulation, Credit Booms, Asset Prices and Monetary Policy in Asia," LCERPA Working Papers 0086, Laurier Centre for Economic Research and Policy Analysis, revised 01 Feb 2015.
- Blaise Gnimassoun & Valérie Mignon, 2013.
"How Macroeconomic Imbalances Interact? Evidence from a Panel VAR Analysis,"
2013-42, CEPII research center.
- Blaise Gnimassoun & Valérie Mignon, 2014. "How macroeconomic imbalances interact? Evidence from a panel VAR analysis," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-5, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Jorge Uxó & Jesús Paúl & Eladio Febrero, 2012. "European economic policy and the problem of current account imbalances: the case of Germany and Spain," Chapters,in: Keynes’s General Theory for Today, chapter 12, pages 207-225 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gnimassoun, Blaise, 2015.
"The importance of the exchange rate regime in limiting current account imbalances in sub-Saharan African countries,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 36-74.
- Blaise Gnimassoun, 2014. "The importance of the exchange rate regime in limiting current account imbalances in sub-Saharan African countries," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-22, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Eguren Martin, Fernando, 2016.
"Exchange rate regimes and current account adjustment: An empirical investigation,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 69-93.
- Eguren-Martin, Fernando, 2015. "Exchange rate regimes and current account adjustment: an empirical investigation," Bank of England working papers 544, Bank of England.
- Claudio Borio & Piti Disyatat, 2015.
"Capital flows and the current account: Taking financing (more) seriously,"
BIS Working Papers
525, Bank for International Settlements.
- Claudio Borio & Piti Disyatat, 2016. "Capital flows and the current account: Taking financing (more) seriously," PIER Discussion Papers 14., Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised Jan 2016.
- Jan Priewe, 2018. "A time bomb for the Euro? Understanding Germany's current account surplus," IMK Studies 59-2018, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Luca Dedola & Sylvain Leduc, 2018. "Exchange Rate Misalignment, Capital Flows, and Optimal Monetary Policy Trade-off," Discussion Papers 1806, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Jesper Jespersen & Mogens Ove Madsen (ed.), 2012. "Keynes’s General Theory for Today," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15049.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Dedola, Luca & Leduc, Sylvain, 2018. "Exchange Rate Misalignment, Capital Flows, and Optimal Monetary Policy Trade-offs," CEPR Discussion Papers 12850, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Allegret, Jean-Pierre & Sallenave, Audrey, 2014.
"The impact of real exchange rates adjustments on global imbalances: A multilateral approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 149-163.
- Jean-Pierre Allegret & Audrey Sallenave, 2014. "The impact of real exchange rates adjustments on global imbalances: a multilateral approach," Post-Print hal-01385910, HAL.
- Steven T Phillips & Luis Catão & Luca A Ricci & Rudolfs Bems & Mitali Das & Julian Di Giovanni & Filiz D Unsal & Marola Castillo & Jungjin Lee & Jair Rodriguez & Mauricio Vargas, 2013. "The External Balance Assessment (EBA) Methodology," IMF Working Papers 13/272, International Monetary Fund.
- Semmler, Willi & Tahri, Ibrahim, 2017. "Current account imbalances: A new approach to assess external debt sustainability," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 161-170.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfsdn:11/03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .