Sierra Leone; Recent Economic Developments
This paper reviews economic developments in Sierra Leone during 1994–96. The disruption to agriculture at the start of the rebel war precipitated negative growth in 1991/92 and 1992/93. The relatively peaceful conditions that prevailed in 1993/94 brought a rebound in agriculture as well as in diamond mining activities. As a result, real GDP grew by an estimated 5 percent. The turnaround was cut short in 1994/95 with the escalation of rebel attacks and amid closure of rutile and bauxite mining operations.
|Date of creation:||16 Jul 1997|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA|
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
- Nong ZHU, 2001. "Impacts of Income Gap on Migration Decision in China," Working Papers 200117, CERDI.
- Angelique G. Nindi & N. M. Odhiambo, 2015. "Poverty and Economic Growth in Swaziland: An Empirical Investigation," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 13(1 (Spring), pages 59-74.
- Henri L.F.M. de Groot & Cees A. Withagen & Zhou Minliang, 2001. "Dynamics of China's Regional Development and Pollution," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-036/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Chang, Gene Hsin & Brada, Josef C., 2006. "The paradox of China's growing under-urbanization," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 24-40, March.
- World Bank, 2000. "Swaziland : Reducing Poverty Through Shared Growth," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15107, The World Bank.
- Amaechi Okonkwo, 2012. "The Lower Niger River dredging and indigenous wetland livelihoods in Nigeria: the Anam communities in Ugbolu, Delta State, as a case study," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 667-689, October.
- Getinet, Astatike Haile, 2008. "The Nature of self-employment in Urban Ethiopia," Ethiopian Journal of Economics, Ethiopian Economics Association, vol. 17(1).
- Muhammad Touseef-Ur-Rehman & Usman Mustafa & Humayun Rashid, 2015. "Trends of Income Inequality and Polarisation in Pakistan for the Period 1990-2008," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 54(4), pages 447-467.
- Uddin, Gazi Salah & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Arouri, Mohamed & Teulon, Frédéric, 2014.
"Financial development and poverty reduction nexus: A cointegration and causality analysis in Bangladesh,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 405-412.
- Uddin, Gazi Salah & Shahbaz, Muhammad & AROURI, Mohamed El Hedi, 2013. "Financial Development and Poverty Reduction Nexus:A Cointegration and Causality Analysis in Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 49264, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Aug 2013.
- Saxena, Sweta Chaman, 2002. "Exchange rate dynamics in Indonesia: 1980-1998," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 545-563.
- Muuka, Gerry N., 1997. "Wrong-footing MNCs and local manufacturing: Zambia's 1992-1994 structural adjustment program," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 667-687, December.
- Dimitrios Koumparoulis, 2013. "Laboratory Experimentation in Economics Classification-JEL: C90, C91, C92," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 3(1), pages 1-1, February.
- Ionel BOSTAN, 2015. "Towards A Law Of Sustainable Fiscal Resources," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 7(4), pages 851-863, December.
- Cecilia Garcia-Penalosa & Eve Caroli & Philippe Aghion, 1999. "Inequality and Economic Growth: The Perspective of the New Growth Theories," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1615-1660, December.
- Aghion, Philippe & Caroli, Eve & Garcia-Penalosa, Cecilia, 1999. "Inequality and economic growth: the perspective of the new growth theories," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9908, CEPREMAP.
- Aghion, Philippe & Caroli, Eve & GarcÃa-PeÃ±alosa, Cecilia, 1999. "Inequality and Economic Growth: The Perspective of the New Growth Theories," Scholarly Articles 12502063, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Heinrich, Ralph P. & Pierdzioch, Christian, 1999. "The Value of Waiting: Russia's Integration into the International Capital Markets," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 209-230, June.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Heinrich, Ralph P. & Pierdzioch, Christian, 1998. "The value of waiting: Russia's integration into the international capital markets," Kiel Working Papers 860, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- repec:jda:journl:vol.51:year:2017:issue1:pp:343-359 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mario D. TELLO, 2015. "Poverty, Growth, Structural Change and Social Inclusion Programs: A Regional Analysis of Peru," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 15(2), pages 59-74.
- Sheilla Nyasha Author-Name: Yvonne Gwenhure & Nicholas M. Odhiambo, 2017. "Poverty and Economic Growth in Ethiopia: A Multivariate Causal Linkage," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 51(1), pages 343-359, January-M.
- Nyasha, Sheilla & Gwenhure, Yvonne & Odhiambo, Nicholas M, 2016. "Poverty and economic growth in Ethiopia: a multivariate causal linkage," Working Papers 20048, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Hussin, Fauzi & Abdullah, Hussin, 2012. "The Role of FELDA and KESEDAR in the Development of Land in the District of Gua Musang: A Comparison the Socio-Economic Level of the Settlers," Sustainable Agriculture Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 1(2).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfscr:97/47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed