German-Central European Supply Chain-Cluster Report; Staff Report, First Background Note, Second Background Note, Third Background Note
This paper discusses key findings of the Cluster Report on German-Central European Supply Chain (GCESC). Since the 1990s, a GCESC has evolved, manufacturing goods for export to the rest of the world. Reflecting this, bilateral trade linkages between Germany and the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, and the Slovak Republic (CE4) have expanded rapidly. Participation in the GCESC has led to technology transfers to CE4 countries and accelerated income convergence. Export growth in knowledge-intensive sectors has been particularly rapid in the CE4. It is also observed that complementarities between supply chain activities and domestic production have led to greater synchronization of the business cycle among GCESC countries.
|Date of creation:||20 Aug 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA|
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Douglas Laxton & Susanna Mursula & Michael Kumhof & Dirk V Muir, 2010. "The Global Integrated Monetary and Fiscal Model (GIMF) â€“ Theoretical Structure," IMF Working Papers 10/34, .
- Elekdag, Selim & Lalonde, Rene & Laxton, Doug & Muir, Dirk & Pesenti, Paolo, 2008.
"Oil Price Movements and the Global Economy: A Model-Based Assessment,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6700, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Selim Elekdag & René Lalonde & Douglas Laxton & Dirk Muir & Paolo Pesenti, 2008. "Oil Price Movements and the Global Economy: A Model-Based Assessment," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 55(2), pages 297-311, June.
- Selim Elekdag & René Lalonde & Douglas Laxton & Dirk Muir & Paolo Pesenti, 2007. "Oil Price Movements and the Global Economy: A Model-Based Assessment," Staff Working Papers 07-34, Bank of Canada.
- Selim Elekdag & Rene Lalonde & Douglas Laxton & Dirk Muir & Paolo Pesenti, 2008. "Oil Price Movements and the Global Economy: A Model-Based Assessment," NBER Working Papers 13792, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Weber & Anna Ivanova, 2011. "Do Fiscal Spillovers Matter?," IMF Working Papers 11/211, .
- Derek Anderson & Benjamin L Hunt & Mika Kortelainen & Michael Kumhof & Douglas Laxton & Dirk V Muir & Susanna Mursula & Stephen Snudden, 2013. "Getting to Know GIMF; The Simulation Properties of the Global Integrated Monetary and Fiscal Model," IMF Working Papers 13/55, .
- Elekdag, Selim & Tchakarov, Ivan, 2007.
"Balance sheets, exchange rate policy, and welfare,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3986-4015, December.
- Francis Vitek, 2012. "Policy Analysis and Forecasting in the World Economy; A Panel Unobserved Components Approach," IMF Working Papers 12/149, .
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfscr:13/263. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.