German-Central European Supply Chain-Cluster Report; Staff Report, First Background Note, Second Background Note, Third Background Note
This paper discusses key findings of the Cluster Report on German-Central European Supply Chain (GCESC). Since the 1990s, a GCESC has evolved, manufacturing goods for export to the rest of the world. Reflecting this, bilateral trade linkages between Germany and the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, and the Slovak Republic (CE4) have expanded rapidly. Participation in the GCESC has led to technology transfers to CE4 countries and accelerated income convergence. Export growth in knowledge-intensive sectors has been particularly rapid in the CE4. It is also observed that complementarities between supply chain activities and domestic production have led to greater synchronization of the business cycle among GCESC countries.
|Date of creation:||20 Aug 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA|
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francis Vitek, 2012. "Policy Analysis and Forecasting in the World Economy; A Panel Unobserved Components Approach," IMF Working Papers 12/149, International Monetary Fund.
- Derek Anderson & Benjamin L Hunt & Mika Kortelainen & Michael Kumhof & Douglas Laxton & Dirk V Muir & Susanna Mursula & Stephen Snudden, 2013. "Getting to Know GIMF; The Simulation Properties of the Global Integrated Monetary and Fiscal Model," IMF Working Papers 13/55, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:pal:imfstp:v:55:y:2008:i:2:p:297-311 is not listed on IDEAS
- Selim Elekdag & Ivan Tchakarov, 2004.
"Balance Sheets, Exchange Rate Policy, and Welfare,"
IMF Working Papers
04/63, International Monetary Fund.
- Selim Elekdag & René Lalonde & Douglas Laxton & Dirk Muir & Paolo Pesenti, 2007.
"Oil Price Movements and the Global Economy: A Model-Based Assessment,"
Staff Working Papers
07-34, Bank of Canada.
- Elekdag, Selim & Lalonde, Rene & Laxton, Doug & Muir, Dirk & Pesenti, Paolo, 2008. "Oil Price Movements and the Global Economy: A Model-Based Assessment," CEPR Discussion Papers 6700, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Selim Elekdag & Rene Lalonde & Douglas Laxton & Dirk Muir & Paolo Pesenti, 2008. "Oil Price Movements and the Global Economy: A Model-Based Assessment," NBER Working Papers 13792, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas Laxton & Susanna Mursula & Michael Kumhof & Dirk V Muir, 2010. "The Global Integrated Monetary and Fiscal Model (GIMF) â€“ Theoretical Structure," IMF Working Papers 10/34, International Monetary Fund.
- Sebastian Weber & Anna Ivanova, 2011. "Do Fiscal Spillovers Matter?," IMF Working Papers 11/211, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfscr:13/263. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.