China's Growth and Integration into the World Economy: Prospects and Challenges
Chinaâ€™s transformation into a dynamic private-sector-led economy and its integration into the world economy have been among the most dramatic global economic developments of recent decades. This paper provides an overview of some of the key aspects of recent developments in Chinaâ€™s macroeconomy and economic structure. It also surveys the main policy challenges that will need to be addressed for China to maintain sustained high growth and continued global integration.
|Date of creation:||17 Jun 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA|
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Teresa DabÃ¡n SÃ¡nchez & Steven A. Symansky & Gian-Maria Milesi-Ferretti & Enrica Detragiache & Gabriel Di Bella, 2003. "Rules-Based Fiscal Policy in France, Germany, Italy, and Spain," IMF Occasional Papers 225, International Monetary Fund.
- Robin Brooks & Kenneth Rogoff & Ashoka Mody & Nienke Oomes & Aasim M. Husain, 2004.
"Evolution and Performance of Exchange Rate Regimes,"
IMF Occasional Papers
229, International Monetary Fund.
- Aasim M. Husain & Ashoka Mody & Nienke Oomes & Robin Brooks & Kenneth Rogoff, 2003. "Evolution and Performance of Exchange Rate Regimes," IMF Working Papers 03/243, International Monetary Fund.
- Benedict J. Clements & Gabriela Inchauste & Nita Thacker & Thomas William Dorsey & Shamsuddin Tareq & Emanuele Baldacci & Sanjeev Gupta & Mark W. Plant, 2002. "Is the PRGF Living Up to Expectations?," IMF Occasional Papers 216, International Monetary Fund.
- Catherine A. Pattillo & Andrew Berg & Gian-Maria Milesi-Ferretti & Eduardo Borensztein, 2000. "Anticipating Balance of Payments Crises--The Role of Early Warning Systems: The Role of Early Warning Systems," IMF Occasional Papers 186, International Monetary Fund.
- William Lee & Jorge A. Chan-Lau & Dora M. Iakova & Papa M'B. P. N'Diaye & Tao Wang & Ida Liu & Hong Liang & Eswar Prasad, 2004. "Hong Kong SAR: Meeting the Challenges of Integration with the Mainland," IMF Occasional Papers 226, International Monetary Fund.
- Yougesh Khatri & Il Houng Lee & O. Liu & Kanitta Meesook & Natalia T. Tamirisa, 2001. "Malaysia: From Crisis to Recovery," IMF Occasional Papers 207, International Monetary Fund.
- Andrew Berg & Paolo Mauro & Michael Mussa & Alexander K. Swoboda & Esteban Jadresic & Paul R. Masson, 2000. "Exchange Rate Regimes in an Increasingly Integrated World Economy," IMF Occasional Papers 193, International Monetary Fund.
- Leslie Teo & Charles Enoch & Carl-Johan Lindgren & TomÃ¡s J. T. BaliÃ±o & Anne Marie Gulde & Marc Quintyn, 2000. "Financial Sector Crisis and Restructuring: Lessons from Asia: Lessons from Asia," IMF Occasional Papers 188, International Monetary Fund.
- Catherine A. Pattillo & Paul R. Masson, 2001. "Monetary Union in West Africa (ECOWAS)," IMF Occasional Papers 204, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfocp:232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.