Informal Funds Transfer Systems; An Analysis of the Informal Hawala System
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adams, Richard Jr. & Page, John, 2005. "Do international migration and remittances reduce poverty in developing countries?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1645-1669, October.
- Giuliano, Paola & Ruiz-Arranz, Marta, 2009.
"Remittances, financial development, and growth,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 144-152, September.
- Marta Ruiz-Arranz & Paola Giuliano, 2005. "Remittances, Financial Development, and Growth," IMF Working Papers 05/234, International Monetary Fund.
- Giuliano, Paola & Ruiz-Arranz, Marta, 2006. "Remittances, Financial Development, and Growth," IZA Discussion Papers 2160, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Singh, Bhupal, 2006. "Cross-border workers’ remittances: Transmission channels and measurement issues in India," MPRA Paper 12145, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nkamleu, Guy Blaise & Fox, Louise, 2006. "Taking Stock of Research on Regional Migration in Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 15112, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Randall Akee, Devesh Kapur, 2012. "Remittances and Rashomon- Working Paper 285," Working Papers 285, Center for Global Development.
- Dulce Redín & Reyes Calderón & Ignacio Ferrero, 2014. "Exploring the Ethical Dimension of Hawala," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 124(2), pages 327-337, October.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2011. "The Financial Flows of the Transnational Crime: Some Preliminary Empirical Results," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 53, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Schneider, Friedrich, 2010. "The (Hidden) Financial Flows of Terrorist and Organized Crime Organizations: A Literature Review and Some Preliminary Empirical Results," IZA Discussion Papers 4860, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brigit Helms, 2006. "Access for All : Building Inclusive Financial Systems," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6973.
- Aiko Mineshima & Christopher Browne, 2007. "Remittances in the Pacific Region," IMF Working Papers 07/35, International Monetary Fund.
- Mohammad Joarder & Uddin Saleh, 2010. "Estimating the economic model of Hundi using micro-level data," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 61-75, June.
- Sanjeev Gupta & Catherine A Pattillo & Smita Wagh, 2007. "Impact of Remittances on Poverty and Financial Development in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 07/38, International Monetary Fund.
- Martin, Marina B.V., 2009. "Hundi/hawala: the problem of definition," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 47415, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- World Bank, 2008. "Africa Development Indicators 2007," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 12363.
- Robert M Burgess & V. Haksar, 2005. "Migration and Foreign Remittances in the Philippines," IMF Working Papers 05/111, International Monetary Fund.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Pattillo, Catherine A. & Wagh, Smita, 2009. "Effect of Remittances on Poverty and Financial Development in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 104-115, January.
- Richard P. C. Brown & Fabrizio Carmignani & Ghada Fayad, 2013.
"Migrants’ Remittances and Financial Development: Macro- and Micro-Level Evidence of a Perverse Relationship,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(5), pages 636-660, May.
- Richard P C Brown & Fabrizio Carmignani & Ghada Fayad, 2011. "Migrants' Remittances and financial Development: Macro- and Micro-level Evidence of a Perverse Relationship," OxCarre Working Papers 059, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Siegel, Melissa & Lücke, Matthias, 2009. "What determines the choice of transfer channel for migrant remittances? The case of Moldova," Kiel Working Papers 1515, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Freund, Caroline & Spatafora, Nikola, 2005. "Remittances : transaction costs, determinants, and informal flows," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3704, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial systems; banking; remittance; remittances; foreign exchange; banking sector;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfocp:222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .