Macroeconomic policy advice and the Article IV consultations a development perspective
Undertakes a content analysis of 2009 - 2010 IMF Article IV consultations for a sample of thirty low income and twenty middle income countries on fiscal adjustment, inflation targets, employment generation, poverty reduction and expansion of social protection.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in ILO Research Paper|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 4, route des Morillons, CH-1211 Geneva 22|
Web page: http://www.ilo.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- S. M. Ali Abbas & Jakob Christensen, 2007.
"The Role of Domestic Debt Markets in Economic Growth; An Empirical Investigation for Low-Income Countries and Emerging Markets,"
IMF Working Papers
07/127, International Monetary Fund.
- S M Ali Abbas & Jakob E Christensen, 2010. "The Role of Domestic Debt Markets in Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation for Low-Income Countries and Emerging Markets," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(1), pages 209-255, April.
- Dani Rodrik, 2008. "The Real Exchange Rate and Economic Growth," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 39(2 (Fall)), pages 365-439.
- Marcel Fratzscher & Julien Reynaud, 2010.
"IMF Surveillance and Financial Markets - A Political Economy Analysis,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3089, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fratzscher, Marcel & Reynaud, Julien, 2011. "IMF surveillance and financial markets--A political economy analysis," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 405-422, September.
- Kanbur Ravi, 2010. "Macro Crises and Targeting Transfers to the Poor," Journal of Globalization and Development, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Anwar, Sarah & Islam, Iyanatul, 2011. "Should developing countries target low, single digit inflation to promote growth and employment," ILO Working Papers 464250, International Labour Organization.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2010.
"Growth in a Time of Debt,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7661, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rathin Roy & Raquel Almeida Ramos, 2012. "IMF Article IV Reports: An Analysis of Policy Recommendations," Working Papers 86, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Tito Cordella & Luca Antonio Ricci & Marta Ruiz-Arranz, 2010. "Debt Overhang or Debt Irrelevance?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(1), pages 1-24, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:478371. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.