Monetary policy and employment in developing Asia
Provides an overview of the approaches central banks in developing Asia have taken towards promoting economic stability and employment. It looks at ways central banks are concerned with labour market outcomes, and what central bank policies have done to promote employment. The paper also examines why central banks in developing nations do not include employment among their legislated objectives, unlike central banks in Australia, Europe, and USA.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in ILO Asia-Pacific working paper series|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ilo.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anwar, Sarah & Islam, Iyanatul, 2011. "Should developing countries target low, single digit inflation to promote growth and employment," ILO Working Papers 464250, International Labour Organization.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Benjamin Moll, 2010. "Why Does Misallocation Persist?," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 189-206, January.
- Alfred Hannig & Stefan Jansen, 2010. "Financial Inclusion and Financial Stability : Current Policy Issues," Finance Working Papers 23124, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Fleming, Grant & A. M. Endres, 1995. "The ILO Economists and International Economic Policy in the Interwar Years," Working Papers 95-43, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- S. Narayan, 2009. "India," Chapters, in: The Political Economy of Trade Reform in Emerging Markets, chapter 7 Edward Elgar.
- Gill Hammond & Ravi Kanbur & Eswar Prasad, 2009.
"Monetary Policy Challenges for Emerging Market Economies,"
in: Monetary Policy Frameworks for Emerging Markets, chapter 1
- Hammond, Gill & Kanbur, Ravi & Prasad, Eswar, 2009. "Monetary Policy Challenges for Emerging Market Economies," Working Papers 48925, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Nephil Matangi Maskay, 2010. "Macro-Financial Links and Monetary Policy Management," Research Studies, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number rp78.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2004. "Can Inflation Targeting Work in Emerging Market Countries?," NBER Working Papers 10646, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hannig, Alfred & Jansen, Stefan, 2010. "Financial Inclusion and Financial Stability: Current Policy Issues," ADBI Working Papers 259, Asian Development Bank Institute.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:468522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.