Skills and productivity in the informal economy
Analyses linkages between skills and productivity for improving existing work in the informal economy and for enabling the transition of informal activities to the formal economy. Examines issues and challenges related to skills and productivity in the context of the informal economy, presents a range of experiences that have been undertaken as responses to the identified issues and challenges, and draws a number of lessons that can be learned from such experiences.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Employment Sector working paper series|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 4, route des Morillons, CH-1211 Geneva 22|
Web page: http://www.ilo.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daron Acemoglu & Joern-Steffen Pischke, 1998.
"Beyond Becker: Training in Imperfect Labor Markets,"
98-12, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Pischke, Jorn-Steffen, 1999. "Beyond Becker: Training in Imperfect Labour Markets," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(453), pages F112-42, February.
- Daron Acemoglu & Jorn-Steffen Pischke, 1998. "Beyond Becker: Training in Imperfect Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 6740, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwin G. Nelson & Erik J. De Bruijn, 2005. "The voluntary formalization of enterprises in a developing economy-the case of Tanzania," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(4), pages 575-593.
- Kenneth King & Robert Palmer & Rachel Hayman, 2005. "Bridging research and policy on education, training and their enabling environments," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 803-817.
- Liimatainen, Marjo-Riitta, 2002. "Training and skills acquisition in the informal sector : a literature review," ILO Working Papers 357120, International Labour Organization.
- Jolliffe, Dean, 2004. "The impact of education in rural Ghana: examining household labor allocation and returns on and off the farm," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 287-314, February.
- Vijverberg, Wim P. M., 1995. "Returns to schooling in non-farm self-employment: An econometric case study of Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1215-1227, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:413142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.