Globalisation, industrial revolutions in India and China and labour markets in advanced countries : implications for national and international economic policy
Examines the impact on labour markets in advanced countries of the integration of the two fast-growing countries, China and India, with the liberalized global economy.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Working paper :|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 4, route des Morillons, CH-1211 Geneva 22|
Web page: http://www.ilo.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Rowthorn & Ken Coutts, 2004.
"De-Industrialization And The Blance Of Payments In Advanced Economies,"
UNCTAD Discussion Papers
170, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Robert Rowthorn & Ken Coutts, 2004. "De-industrialisation and the balance of payments in advanced economies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 767-790, September.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish, 1994. "Free Trade: Old and New Challenges," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 231-46, March.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 2004. "Where Ricardo and Mill Rebut and Confirm Arguments of Mainstream Economists Supporting Globalization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 135-146, Summer.
- A. B. Atkinson, 2001. "A Critique of the Transatlantic Consensus on Rising Income Inequality," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 433-452, 04.
- Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2006.
"The Evolution of Top Incomes: A Historical and International Perspective,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 200-205, May.
- Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2006. "The Evolution of Top Incomes: A Historical and International Perspective," NBER Working Papers 11955, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2006. "The evolution of top incomes: a historical and international perspectives," Post-Print halshs-00754642, HAL.
- Sonja Opper, 2005. "The giant graduates: China's strive for high-technology," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 6(3), pages 43-48, October.
- Singh, Ajit, 1977. "UK Industry and the World Economy: A Case of De-industrialisation?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 113-36, June.
- Ahluwalia, Montek Singh, 1986. "Balance-of-payments adjustment in India, 1970-1971 to 1983-1984," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(8), pages 937-962, August.
- Krugman, Paul R., 2000.
"Technology, trade and factor prices,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 51-71, February.
- Barry P. Bosworth & Susan M. Collins, 2003. "The Empirics of Growth: An Update," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 34(2), pages 113-206.
- (No last name available), Himanshu, 2013. "Poverty and Food Security in India," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 369, Asian Development Bank.
- Markus Taube, 2005. "The Chinese economy: How much market - how much state?," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 6(3), pages 03-07, October.
- Hoeven, Rolph van der & Lübker, Malte, 2006. "Financial openness and employment the need for coherent international and national policies," ILO Working Papers 388773, International Labour Organization.
- Kaldor, Nicholas [Lord], 1976. "Inflation and Recession in the World Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(344), pages 703-14, December.
- Singh, Ajit & Zammit, Ann, 2000.
"The global labour standards controversy: critical issues for developing countries,"
53480, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ajit Singh & Ann Zammit, 2014. "The Global Labour Standards Controversy: Critical Issues for Developing Countries," Working Papers id:5908, eSocialSciences.
- Peter Gottschalk & Timothy M. Smeeding, 1997. "Cross-National Comparisons of Earnings and Income Inequality," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 633-687, June.
- Singh, Ajit, 1989. "Third World Competition and De-industrialisation in Advanced Countries," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 103-20, March.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1995. "Are Your Wages Set in Beijing?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 15-32, Summer.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:397934. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.