Globalisation, industrial revolutions in India and China and labour markets in advanced countries : implications for national and international economic policy
Examines the impact on labour markets in advanced countries of the integration of the two fast-growing countries, China and India, with the liberalized global economy.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Working paper :|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ilo.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2006.
"The Evolution of Top Incomes: A Historical and International Perspective,"
NBER Working Papers
11955, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2006. "The Evolution of Top Incomes: A Historical and International Perspective," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 200-205, May.
- Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2006. "The evolution of top incomes: a historical and international perspectives," Post-Print halshs-00754642, HAL.
- Ahluwalia, Montek Singh, 1986. "Balance-of-payments adjustment in India, 1970-1971 to 1983-1984," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(8), pages 937-962, August.
- Ajit Singh & Ann Zammit, 2014.
"The Global Labour Standards Controversy: Critical Issues for Developing Countries,"
- Singh, Ajit & Zammit, Ann, 2000. "The global labour standards controversy: critical issues for developing countries," MPRA Paper 53480, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 2004. "Where Ricardo and Mill Rebut and Confirm Arguments of Mainstream Economists Supporting Globalization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 135-146, Summer.
- (No last name available), Himanshu, 2013. "Poverty and Food Security in India," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 369, Asian Development Bank.
- Krugman, Paul R., 2000.
"Technology, trade and factor prices,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 51-71, February.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish, 1994. "Free Trade: Old and New Challenges," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 231-46, March.
- Barry P. Bosworth & Susan M. Collins, 2003. "The Empirics of Growth: An Update," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 34(2), pages 113-206.
- Hoeven, Rolph van der & Lübker, Malte, 2006. "Financial openness and employment the need for coherent international and national policies," ILO Working Papers 388773, International Labour Organization.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1995. "Are Your Wages Set in Beijing?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 15-32, Summer.
- A. B. Atkinson, 2001. "A Critique of the Transatlantic Consensus on Rising Income Inequality," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 433-452, 04.
- Robert Rowthorn & Ken Coutts, 2004.
"De-industrialisation and the balance of payments in advanced economies,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 767-790, September.
- Robert Rowthorn & Ken Coutts, 2004. "De-Industrialization And The Blance Of Payments In Advanced Economies," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 170, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Markus Taube, 2005. "The Chinese economy: How much market - how much state?," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 6(3), pages 03-07, October.
- Sonja Opper, 2005. "The giant graduates: China's strive for high-technology," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 6(3), pages 43-48, October.
- Kaldor, Nicholas [Lord], 1976. "Inflation and Recession in the World Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(344), pages 703-14, December.
- Singh, Ajit, 1989. "Third World Competition and De-industrialisation in Advanced Countries," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 103-20, March.
- Peter Gottschalk & Timothy M. Smeeding, 1997. "Cross-National Comparisons of Earnings and Income Inequality," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 633-687, June.
- Singh, Ajit, 1977. "UK Industry and the World Economy: A Case of De-industrialisation?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 113-36, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:397934. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.