Economic opening, FDI and its contribution to the creation of quality employment in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico
Analyses the evolution of foreign direct investment (FDI) and the increasing role of transnational companies for the domestic economies of three Latin American countries in the period 1990-2003. Describes the impact of FDI on employment and wages of different sectors and the shift from the State as an economic player towards the private economy.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Working paper series, Employment Strategy Dept. Employment Analysis Unit.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ilo.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1995.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Relative Wages: Evidence from Mexico's Maquiladoras,"
NBER Working Papers
5122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Hanson, Gordon H., 1997. "Foreign direct investment and relative wages: Evidence from Mexico's maquiladoras," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 371-393, May.
- Manuel Agosin & Roberto Machado, 2005.
"Foreign Investment in Developing Countries: Does it Crowd in Domestic Investment?,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 149-162.
- Manuel R. AGOSIN & Ricardo MAYER, 2000. "Foreign Investment In Developing Countries, Does It Crowd In Domestic Investment?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 146, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Willem te Velde , Dirk, 2003. "Foreign Direct Investment and Income Inequality in Latin America," Documentos de trabajo 4/2003, Instituto de Investigaciones Socio-Económicas (IISEC), Universidad Católica Boliviana.
- Eduardo Lora & Ugo Panizza, 2002.
"Structural Reforms in Latin America under Scrutiny,"
Research Department Publications
4303, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Lora & Ugo Panizza, 2002. "Structural Reforms in Latin America under Scrutiny," Research Department Publications 4301, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- M. Ramirez, 2000. "Foreign Direct Investment in Mexico: A Cointegration Analysis," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(1), pages 138-162.
- Hans Christiansen & Charles Oman & Andrew Charlton, 2003. "Incentives-based Competition for Foreign Direct Investment: The Case of Brazil," OECD Working Papers on International Investment 2003/1, OECD Publishing.
- Diana Alarcon & Eduardo Zepeda, 2004. "Economic reform or social development? the challenges of a period of reform in Latin America: case study of Mexico," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(1), pages 59-86.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:384376. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.