Labour implications of the textiles and clothing quota phase-out
Examines the effects on employment and wages of the phasing out of trade quotas implemented under the World Trade Organization's Agreement on Textiles and Clothing, the Multifibre Agreement (MFA). Includes cases studies from seven developing countries, the USA and the European Union.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Working Paper|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 4, route des Morillons, CH-1211 Geneva 22|
Web page: http://www.ilo.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spinanger, Dean & Francois, Joseph F. & Glismann, Hans H., 2000.
"The Cost of EU Trade Protection in Textiles and Clothing,"
Kiel Working Papers
997, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Joseph F. Francois & Hans H. Glismann & Dean Spinanger, 2000. "The Cost of EU Trade Protection in Textiles and Clothing," Kiel Working Papers 997, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Jim Levinsohn & Wendy Petropoulos, 2001. "Creative Destruction or Just Plain Destruction?: The U.S. Textile and Apparel Industries since 1972," NBER Working Papers 8348, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Haouas, Ilham & Yagoubi, Mahmoud & Heshmati, Almas, 2003.
"The Impacts of Trade Liberalization on Employment and Wages in Tunisian Industries,"
IZA Discussion Papers
688, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ilham Haouas & Mahmoud Yagoubi & Almas Heshmati, 2005. "The impacts of trade liberalization on employment and wages in Tunisian industries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(4), pages 527-551.
- Haouas, Ilham & Yagoubi, Mahmoud & Heshmati, Almas, 2002. "The Impacts of Trade Liberalization on Employment and Wages in Tunisian Industries," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Carolyn Evans & James Harrigan, 2005.
"Tight Clothing. How the MFA Affects Asian Apparel Exports,"
in: International Trade in East Asia, NBER-East Asia Seminar on Economics, Volume 14, pages 367-390
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carolyn L. Evans & James Harrigan, 2004. "Tight Clothing: How the MFA Affects Asian Apparel Exports," NBER Working Papers 10250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aziz Elbehri & Thomas Hertel & Will Martin, 2003. "Estimating the Impact of WTO and Domestic Reforms on the Indian Cotton and Textile Sectors: a General-Equilibrium Approach," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 343-359, 08.
- Jansen, Marion & Nordås, Hildegunn Kyvik, 2004.
"Institutions, trade policy and trade flows,"
WTO Staff Working Papers
ERSD-2004-02, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
- Ann Harrison & Jason Scorse, 2004. "Moving Up or Moving Out? Anti-Sweatshop Activists and Labor Market Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 10492, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:374452. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.