Child care policy and women's market work in urban Brazil
Study on the linkages between women's productive and procreative activities. Using household level data from 1985, the study focuses on the interrelationships between women's labour force activities and child care policy in metropolitan Brazil. It discusses a wide range of policy concerns, including the need for quality non-parental child care alternatives, the education of older children and improvements in the social and economic status of mothers. Bibliography and statistical tables.
|Length:||39 P. pages|
|Date of creation:||1991|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Population and Labour Policies Programme working paper series|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 4, route des Morillons, CH-1211 Geneva 22|
Web page: http://www.ilo.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Duncan Thomas, 1990.
"Intra-Household Resource Allocation: An Inferential Approach,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(4), pages 635-664.
- Thomas, D., 1989. "Intra-Household Resource Allocation: An Inferential Approach," Papers 586, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Thomas Mroz, .
"The Sensitivity of an Empirical Model of Married Women's Hours of Work to Economic and Statistical Assumptions,"
University of Chicago - Population Research Center
84-8, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Mroz, Thomas A, 1987. "The Sensitivity of an Empirical Model of Married Women's Hours of Work to Economic and Statistical Assumptions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 765-99, July.
- Gustafsson, Siv & Stafford, Frank, 1988.
"Daycare Subsidies and Labor Supply in Sweden,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
279, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bruce, Judith, 1989. "Homes divided," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 979-991, July.
- Harriet Presser, 1987. "Work shifts of full-time dual-earner couples: Patterns and contrasts by sex of spouse," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 24(1), pages 99-112, February.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Evenson, Robert E, 1977. "Fertility, Schooling, and the Economic Contribution of Children in Rural India: An Econometric Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(5), pages 1065-79, July.
- Macpherson, David A., 1988. "Self-employment and married women," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 281-284.
- Blau, David M & Robins, Philip K, 1988. "Child-Care Costs and Family Labor Supply," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 374-81, August.
- Maloney, Tim, 1991. "Unobserved Variables and the Elusive Added Worker Effect," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(230), pages 173-87, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:285802. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.