Incentives for the ecologically sustainable use of human and natural resources in the drylands of sub-saharan Africa: a review
Attempts to identify incentives that will stimulate diversification of the rural economy and encourage adoption of ecologically sustainable technologies within the traditional sector.
|Length:||36 P. pages|
|Date of creation:||1991|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Technology and employment programme, working paper series|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ilo.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barbier, Edward B & Markandya, Anil & Pearce, David W, 1990. "Sustainable Agricultural Development and Project Appraisal," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 17(2), pages 181-96.
- Barbier, Edward B., 1990. "Alternative approaches to economic-environmental interactions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 7-26, April.
- Feder, Gershon & Noronha, Raymond, 1987. "Land Rights Systems and Agricultural Development in Sub-Saharan Afric a," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 2(2), pages 143-69, July.
- Rao, J. Mohan, 1986. "Agriculture in recent development theory," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 41-86, June.
- Paul Mosley & Lawrence Smith, 1989. "Structural adjustment and agricultural performance in Sub‐Saharan Africa 1980–87," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(3), pages 321-355, July.
- Garcia-Barrio, Raul & Garcia-Barrios, Luis, 1990. "Environmental and technological degradation in peasant agriculture: A consequence of development in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(11), pages 1569-1585, November.
- Rao, J. Mohan, 1989. "Agricultural supply response: A survey," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Darity, William Jr., 1980. "The Boserup theory of agricultural growth : A model for anthropological economics," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 137-157, April.
- Pryor, Frederic L. & Maurer, Stephen B., 1982. "On induced economic change in precapitalist societies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 325-353, June.
- Perrings, Charles, 1985. "The Natural Economy Revisited," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(4), pages 829-50, July.
- Conway, Gordon R., 1987. "The properties of agroecosystems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 95-117.
- Wade, Robert, 1987. "The Management of Common Property Resources: Finding a Cooperative Solution," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 2(2), pages 219-34, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:283665. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.