Interest rates, employment and income distribution: a review of issues
ILO pub-WEP pub. Working paper on effects of interest rates on employment and income distribution, with particular reference to developing countries - reviews related economic theories; considers consequences of higher inflation rates in Chile and Turkey; supports the setting up of realistic levels of interest rates in the context of a stabilization programme (economic policy); includes economic models. Graphs, references.
|Length:||95 P. pages|
|Date of creation:||1986|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Working papers|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ilo.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Corbo, Vittorio & de Melo, Jaime & Tybout, James, 1986. "What Went Wrong with the Recent Reforms in the Southern Cone," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(3), pages 607-40, April.
- Kapur, Basant K, 1976. "Alternative Stabilization Policies for Less-developed Economies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 777-95, August.
- McKinnon, Ronald I., 1979. "Foreign trade regimes and economic development : A review article," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 429-452, August.
- Krugman, Paul & Taylor, Lance, 1978.
"Contractionary effects of devaluation,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 445-456, August.
- Clifton, Eric V., 1983. "The effects of increased Interest-rate volatility on LDCs," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 67-74, April.
- Buffie, Edward F., 1984. "Financial repression, the new structuralists, and stabilization policy in semi-industrialized economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 305-322, April.
- James Tobin, 1955. "A Dynamic Aggregative Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 103.
- Courakis, Anthony S, 1984. "Constraints on Bank Choices and Financial Repression in Less Developed Countries," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 46(4), pages 341-70, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:248590. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.