Micro empirical analysis of fertility behaviour in Pakistan
Clearly says that in addition to the provision of family planning services, a comprehensive population policy must also consider the underlying determinants of the household demand for and supply of children. Programmes which ignore these factors risk allocating resources in an efficient and even ineffective way.
|Length:||62 P. pages|
|Date of creation:||1985|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Population and Labour Policies Programme working paper series|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ilo.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rodgers, Gerry B., 1978. "Demographic determinants of the distribution of income," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 305-318, March.
- Becker, Gary S & Lewis, H Gregg, 1973. "On the Interaction between the Quantity and Quality of Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages S279-88, Part II, .
- Schultz, T Paul, 1969. "An Economic Model of Family Planning and Fertility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(2), pages 153-80, March/Apr.
- Wery, R. & Rodgers, G. B. & Hopkins, M. J. D., 1978.
"Population, employment and poverty in the Philippines,"
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 519-532, April.
- Wery R & Rodgers G & Hopkins, Mike, 1977. "Population, employment and poverty in the Philippines," ILO Working Papers 170228, International Labour Organization.
- Mohammad, Irfan & Farooq, G. M. & Khan, Zubaida & Mohammad, Rafiq & Tariq, Javed Khan & Nasir, Mueen, 1983.
"An Investigation of Household Reproductive Behaviour in Pakistan,"
39571, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohammad Irfan & G.M. Farooq, 1983. "An Investigation of Household Reproductive Behaviour in Pakistan," PLM Project Reports 1983:4, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Schultz, T Paul, 1978. "Fertility and Child Mortality over the Life Cycle: Aggregate and Individual Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 208-15, May.
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1, 07.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:239507. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.