International labour migration and the ASEAN economies
ILO pub. Working paper on the international migration of migrant workers in and out of Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand - covers long term and short term migration, irregular migrants, recruitment, remittances, wages, wage differentials, skills, occupational structure, labour productivity, and employment consequences; discusses social costs to host country, economic implications for home country, and immigration policies. Graphs, references and statistical tables.
|Length:||102 P. pages|
|Date of creation:||1984|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Working papers|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ilo.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P. C. Ip & C. W. Stahl, 1978. "Systems of Land Tenure, Allocative Efficiency, and Economic Development," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 60(1), pages 19-28.
- Griffin, Keith, 1976. "On the emigration of the peasantry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 4(5), pages 353-361, May.
- Todaro, Michael P, 1969. "A Model for Labor Migration and Urban Unemployment in Less Developed Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 138-48, March.
- Nasreen Abbasi & Mohammad Irfan, 1983.
"Socio-Economic Effects of International Migration on The Families Left Behind,"
PLM Project Reports
1983:7, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Abbasi, Nasreen & Mohammad, Irfan & Gil, Javed Akbar & Ghulam Mustafa, Zahid & Ghulam Mohammad, Arif, 1983. "Socio-economic effects of international migration on the families left behind," MPRA Paper 39609, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:231869. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.