Revenues from storage in a competitive electricity market: Empirical evidence from Great Britain
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Grünewald, Philipp & Cockerill, Tim & Contestabile, Marcello & Pearson, Peter, 2011. "The role of large scale storage in a GB low carbon energy future: Issues and policy challenges," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4807-4815, September.
- Byers, Joe Wayne, 2006. "Commodity storage valuation: A linear optimization based on traded instruments," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 275-287, May.
- Xian HE & Georg ZACHMANN, 2010. "Catching the maximum market value of electricity storage – technical, economic and regulatory aspect," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/02, European University Institute.
- Sioshansi, Ramteen & Denholm, Paul & Jenkin, Thomas & Weiss, Jurgen, 2009. "Estimating the value of electricity storage in PJM: Arbitrage and some welfare effects," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 269-277, March.
- Greenblatt, Jeffery B. & Succar, Samir & Denkenberger, David C. & Williams, Robert H. & Socolow, Robert H., 2007. "Baseload wind energy: modeling the competition between gas turbines and compressed air energy storage for supplemental generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1474-1492, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy storage; wholesale electricity markets; electricity price returns; volatility; arbitrage;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ieb:wpaper:2013/6/doc2013-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iebubes.html .