Evolution of the school failure risk during the 2000 decade in Spain: analysis of Pisa results with a two-level logistic model
School failure has been one of the principal problems of the Spanish educational system during recent decades. This paper offers a perspective of the evolution of the factors that have had a significant influence over the risk of school failure considering personal, household and school characteristics through multilevel logistic regression analyses of PISA 2000, 2003, 2006 and 2009 microdata.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Carrer del Tinent Coronel Valenzuela 1-11, 08034 Barcelona|
Phone: 93 403 46 46
Fax: 93 403 98 32
Web page: http://www.ieb.ub.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jorge Calero & Josep-Oriol Escardíbul, 2007.
"Evaluación de servicios educativos: El rendimiento en los centros públicos y privados medido en PISA-2003,"
2007/7, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Jorge Calero & Josep-Oriol Escardíbul, 2007. "Evaluación de servicios educativos: el rendimiento en los centros públicos y privados medido en PISA-2003," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 183(4), pages 33-66, december.
- A. J. Reynolds & J. A. Temple, . "Extended early childhood intervention and school achievement: Age 13 findings from the Chicago longitudinal study," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1095-96, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Marianne Bertrand & Jessica Pan, 2011.
"The Trouble with Boys: Social Influences and the Gender Gap in Disruptive Behavior,"
NBER Working Papers
17541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marianne Bertrand & Jessica Pan, 2013. "The Trouble with Boys: Social Influences and the Gender Gap in Disruptive Behavior," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 32-64, January.
- Eric A. Hanushek, 2002.
"The Failure of Input-based Schooling Policies,"
NBER Working Papers
9040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Victor Lavy, 2010. "Do Differences in Schools' Instruction Time Explain International Achievement Gaps? Evidence from Developed and Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 16227, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ieb:wpaper:2013/6/doc2013-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.