Family reunification or point-based immigration system? The case of the U.S. and Mexico
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ananth Seshadri & Rodolfo Manuelli, 2005. "Human Capital and the Wealth of Nations," 2005 Meeting Papers 56, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Christian Bayer & Falko Juessen, 2012.
"On the Dynamics of Interstate Migration: Migration Costs and Self-Selection,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 15(3), pages 377-401, July.
- Bayer, Christian & Juessen, Falko, 2006. "On the Dynamics of Interstate Migration: Migration Costs and Self-Selection," Technical Reports 2006,38, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Bayer, Christian & Juessen, Falko, 2008. "On the Dynamics of Interstate Migration: Migration Costs and Self-Selection," IZA Discussion Papers 3330, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Bayer & Falko Juessen, 2006. "On the Dynamics of Interstate Migration: Migration Costs and Self-Selection," Discussion Papers in Economics 06_03, University of Dortmund, Department of Economics.
- John Kennan & James R. Walker, 2011.
"The Effect of Expected Income on Individual Migration Decisions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 79(1), pages 211-251, January.
- John Kennan & James R. Walker, 2003. "The Effect of Expected Income on Individual Migration Decisions," NBER Working Papers 9585, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kennan,J. & Walker,J.R., 2003. "The effect of expected income on individual migration decisions," Working papers 7, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Tauchen, George, 1986. "Finite state markov-chain approximations to univariate and vector autoregressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 177-181.
- Lutz Hendricks, 2002.
"How Important Is Human Capital for Development? Evidence from Immigrant Earnings,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 198-219, March.
- Hendricks, Lutz A., 2002. "How Important is Human Capital for Development? Evidence from Immigrant Earnings," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11409, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Ferreira Pedro C. & Pessoa Samuel A & Veloso Fernando A, 2008. "The Evolution of International Output Differences (1970-2000): From Factors to Productivity," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-34, February.
- Daniel Chiquiar & Gordon H. Hanson, 2005.
"International Migration, Self-Selection, and the Distribution of Wages: Evidence from Mexico and the United States,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(2), pages 239-281, April.
- Daniel Chiquiar & Gordon H. Hanson, 2002. "International Migration, Self-Selection, and the Distribution of Wages: Evidence from Mexico and the United States," NBER Working Papers 9242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; self-selection; human capital; immigration policies;
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2011-10-15 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MIG-2011-10-15 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ieb:wpaper:2011/9/doc2011-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iebubes.html .