Regional Fiscal Flows: Measurement Tools
This paper discusses the methodology for the calculation of federal fiscal flows in a federation and the measurement of interregional redistribution. It identifies five major steps: (a) the selection of the approach for calculating federal fiscal flows, (b)the allocation of federal revenues and expenditures among regions, (c) the choice of the appropriate concept of regional economic disparities, (d) the selection of the relevant indicators of interregional redistribution, and (e) the estimation of these indicators. It concludes with some suggestions for further research, stressing the need to develop a common methodology and to place the study of interregional redistribution in a dynamic context.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Carrer del Tinent Coronel Valenzuela 1-11, 08034 Barcelona|
Phone: 93 403 46 46
Fax: 93 403 98 32
Web page: http://www.ieb.ub.edu
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan J. Auerbach, 2006.
"Who Bears the Corporate Tax? A Review of What We Know,"
in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 20, pages 1-40
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan J. Auerbach, 2005. "Who Bears the Corporate Tax? A review of What We Know," NBER Working Papers 11686, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Montmarquette, C., 1972.
"A Note on Income (Labor) Inequality, Income Tax Systems and Human Capital Theory,"
Cahiers de recherche
7202, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Montmarquette, Claude, 1974. "A Note on Income (Labor) Inequality: Income Tax Systems and Human Capital Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(3), pages 620-625, May/June.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Masson, Paul R., 1995.
"Fiscal flows in the United States and Canada: Lessons for monetary union in Europe,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 253-274, February.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Masson, Paul R, 1994. "Fiscal Flows in the United States and Canada: Lessons for Monetary Union in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 1057, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ruggeri, G C, 1993. "On the Measurement of Sales Tax Incidence in the Presence of Transfers," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 48(1), pages 132-137.
- Bingley, Paul & Lanot, Gauthier, 2002. "The incidence of income tax on wages and labour supply," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 173-194, February.
- Browning, Edgar K, 1978. "The Burden of Taxation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(4), pages 649-671, August.
- Jim Davies, "undated".
"Empirical Evidence on Human Capital Externalities,"
Working Papers-Department of Finance Canada
2003-11, Department of Finance Canada.
- Jim Davies, 2003. "Empirical Evidence on Human Capital Externalities," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20035, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ieb:wpaper:2009/4/doc2009-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.