Regional Fiscal Flows: Measurement Tools
This paper discusses the methodology for the calculation of federal fiscal flows in a federation and the measurement of interregional redistribution. It identifies five major steps: (a) the selection of the approach for calculating federal fiscal flows, (b)the allocation of federal revenues and expenditures among regions, (c) the choice of the appropriate concept of regional economic disparities, (d) the selection of the relevant indicators of interregional redistribution, and (e) the estimation of these indicators. It concludes with some suggestions for further research, stressing the need to develop a common methodology and to place the study of interregional redistribution in a dynamic context.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 93 403 46 46
Fax: 93 403 98 32
Web page: http://www.ieb.ub.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan J. Auerbach, 2005.
"Who Bears the Corporate Tax? A review of What We Know,"
NBER Working Papers
11686, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan J. Auerbach, 2006. "Who Bears the Corporate Tax? A Review of What We Know," NBER Chapters, in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 20, pages 1-40 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bingley, Paul & Lanot, Gauthier, 2002. "The incidence of income tax on wages and labour supply," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 173-194, February.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Masson, Paul R, 1994.
"Fiscal Flows in the United States and Canada: Lessons for Monetary Union in Europe,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1057, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Masson, Paul R., 1995. "Fiscal flows in the United States and Canada: Lessons for monetary union in Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 253-274, February.
- Ruggeri, G C, 1993. "On the Measurement of Sales Tax Incidence in the Presence of Transfers," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 48(1), pages 132-37.
- Jim Davies, 2003.
"Empirical Evidence on Human Capital Externalities,"
University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers
20035, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Browning, Edgar K, 1978. "The Burden of Taxation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(4), pages 649-71, August.
- Montmarquette, Claude, 1974.
"A Note on Income (Labor) Inequality: Income Tax Systems and Human Capital Theory,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(3), pages 620-25, May/June.
- Montmarquette, C., 1972. "A Note on Income (Labor) Inequality, Income Tax Systems and Human Capital Theory," Cahiers de recherche 7202, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ieb:wpaper:2009/4/doc2009-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.