When in life is income higher than consumption? Changes in France over 30 years
The National Transfer Accounts method is used to quantify economic transfers between ages. During their working years, individuals usually produce more than they consume. The opposite occurs during their youth and retirement, when their consumption is financed by a redistribution of resources between ages. From 1979 to 2011, the period of life when income from work is higher than consumption grew shorter in France. Consumption profiles shifted to the advantage of the elderly, who now consume more in relative terms than younger cohorts.
|Date of creation:||2016|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 133 boulevard Davout, 75980 PARIS CEDEX 20|
Phone: 33 1 56 06 20 00
Fax: 33 1 56062229
Web page: http://www.ined.fr/fr/ressources_documentation/publications/pop_soc/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- d’Albis, Hippolyte & Bonnet, Carole & Navaux, Julien & Pelletan, Jacques & Toubon, Hector & Wolff, François-Charles, 2015.
"The lifecycle deficit in France, 1979–2005,"
The Journal of the Economics of Ageing,
Elsevier, vol. 5(C), pages 79-85.
- D’Albis, H. & Bonnet, C. & Navaux, J. & Pelletan, J. & Toubon, H. & Wolff, F. C., 2013. "The lifecycle deficit in France, 1979‐2005," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1307, CEPREMAP.
- Hippolyte D'Albis & Carole Bonnet & Julien Navaux & Jacques Pelletan & Hector Toubon & François-Charles Wolff, 2015. "The lifecycle deficit in France, 1979–2005," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-01305731, HAL.
- Hippolyte D'Albis & Carole Bonnet & Julien Navaux & Jacques Pelletan & Hector Toubon & François-Charles Wolff, 2014. "The lifecycle deficit in France, 1979-2005," Working Papers hal-01065095, HAL.
- Ronald Lee & Andrew Mason (ed.), 2011. "Population Aging and the Generational Economy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13816.
- Andrew Mason & Ronald Lee, 2011. "Population aging and the generational economy: key findings," Chapters,in: Population Aging and the Generational Economy, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ronald Lee, 1980. "Age Structure, Intergenerational Transfers and Economic Growth : an Overview," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 31(6), pages 1129-1156. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idg:posocf:529. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ined)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.