Logistics, Transport and Food Prices in LAC: Policy Guidance for Improving Efficiency and Reducing Costs
Second Meeting of the Finance Minister of the Americas and the Caribbean
|Date of creation:||Jul 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1300 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20577|
Web page: http://www.iadb.org/publications/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ricardo J Sánchez & Jan Hoffmann & Alejandro Micco & Georgina V Pizzolitto & Martín Sgut & Gordon Wilmsmeier, 2003. "Port Efficiency and International Trade: Port Efficiency as a Determinant of Maritime Transport Costs," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 5(2), pages 199-218, June.
- Inmaculada Martinez-Zarzoso & Celestino Suarez-Burguet, 2005. "Transport costs and trade: Empirical evidence for Latin American imports from the European union," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 353-371.
- Jan Hoffmann, 2001. "Latin American Ports: Results and Determinants of Private Sector Participation," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 3(2), pages 221-241, June.
- Beghin, John C. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Fuller, Frank H. & Hart, Chad E. & Kovarik, Karen P. & Tokgoz, Simla & Yu, Tun-Hsiang & Wailes, Eric J. & Chavez, Edward & Woma, 2007.
"FAPRI 2007 U.S. And World Agricultural Outlook,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
12805, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Beghin, John C. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani E. & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Fuller, Frank H. & Hart, Chad E. & Kovarik, Karen & Tokgoz, Simla & Yu, Tun-Hsiang (Edward) & Wailes, Eric J. & Chavez, Eddi, 2007. "FAPRI 2007 U.S. and World Agricultural Outlook," Staff Reports 7296, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI).
- Dollar, David & Micco, Alejandro & Clark, Ximena, 2002. "Maritime transport costs and port efficiency," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2781, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2008. "Local Gains from Global Opportunities : Improving Central America's Investment Climate," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7959, The World Bank.
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2004. "Road development, economic growth, and poverty reduction in China," DSGD discussion papers 12, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2005. "Road development, economic growth, and poverty reduction in China:," Research reports 138, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Guasch, J. Luis & Kogan, Joseph, 2001. "Inventories in developing countries : levels and determinants - a red flag for competitiveness and growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2552, The World Bank.
- Gordon Wilmsmeier & Jan Hoffmann, 2008. "Liner Shipping Connectivity and Port Infrastructure as Determinants of Freight Rates in the Caribbean," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 10(1-2), pages 130-151, March.
- Hervé Boulhol & Alain de Serres, 2010. "Have developed countries escaped the curse of distance?," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 113-139, January.
- Hervé Boulhol & Alain de Serres, 2008. "Have Developed Countries Escaped the Curse of Distance?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 610, OECD Publishing.
- Wilmsmeier, Gordon, 2007. "Infraestructura y servicios de transporte ferroviario vinculados a las vías de navegación fluvial en América del Sur," Recursos Naturales e Infraestructura 124, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira & Christian Volpe Martincus & Juan S. Blyde, 2008. "Unclogging the Arteries: The Impact of Transport Costs on Latin American and Caribbean Trade," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 13138, February.
- Escribano, Alvaro & Guasch, J. Luis, 2005. "Assessing the impact of the investment climate on productivity using firm-level data : methodology and the cases of Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3621, The World Bank.
- Sébastien Dessus & Santiago Herrera & Rafael de Hoyos, 2008. "The impact of food inflation on urban poverty and its monetary cost: some back-of-the-envelope calculations," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 417-429, November.
- Dessus, Sebastien & Herrera, Santiago & de Hoyos, Rafael, 2008. "The impact of food inflation on urban poverty and its monetary cost : some back-of-the-envelope calculations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4666, The World Bank.
- Gordon Wilmsmeier & Inmaculada MartÃnez-Zarzoso, 2009. "Determinants of maritime transport costs -- a panel data analysis for Latin American trade," Transportation Planning and Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(1), pages 105-121, October.
- Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso & Gordon Wilmsmeier, 2008. "Determinants of Maritime Transport Costs. A Panel Data Analysis for Latin American Trade," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 172, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Gonzalez, Julio A. & Guasch, Jose Luis & Serebrisky, Tomas, 2008. "Improving logistics costs for transportation and trade facilitation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4558, The World Bank.
- Limao, Nuno & Venables, Anthony J., 1999. "Infrastructure, geographical disadvantage, and transport costs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2257, The World Bank.
- Wilmsmeier, Gordon & Hoffmann, Jan & Sanchez, Ricardo J., 2006. "The Impact of Port Characteristics on International Maritime Transport Costs," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 117-140, January.
- repec:idb:brikps:13138 is not listed on IDEAS
- Inmaculada Martinez-Zarzoso & Felicitas D. Nowak-Lehmann, 2007. "Is distance a good proxy for transport costs? The case of competing transport modes," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 411-434.
- Martínez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Nowak-Lehmann D., Felicitas, 2006. "Is distance a good proxy for transport costs? The case of competing transport modes," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 54, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Hoffmann, Jan & Pérez, Gabriel & Wilmsmeier, Gordon, 2002. "International trade and transport profiles of Latin American countries, year 2000," Manuales 19, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- World Bank, 2007. "Costa Rica : Investment Climate Assessment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7691, The World Bank.
- Ricardo J. Sanchez & Gordon Wilmsmeier, 2011. "Liner Shipping Networks and Market Concentration," Chapters,in: International Handbook of Maritime Economics, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sánchez, Ricardo & Wilmsmeier, Gordon, 2005. "Provisión de infraestructura de transporte en América Latina: experiencia reciente y problemas observados," Recursos Naturales e Infraestructura 94, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL). Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:brikps:9324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Bazan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.