Market Access Provisions in Regional Trade Agreement
Regional trade agreements (RTAs) have proliferated over the past decade around the world to cover nearly half of global trade. The number of RTAs notified to the WTO is approaching 200, while the total number of RTAs around the world exceeds 300. The global RTA spree has forged a veritable spaghetti bowl of multiple and often overlapping agreements.
|Date of creation:||May 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.iadb.org/publications/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Regibeau Pierre M & Rockett Katharine E, 2006.
"Administrative Delays as Barriers to Trade,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-47, September.
- P. Regibeau & K. Rockett, 2003. "Administrative Delays as Barriers to Trade," Economics Discussion Papers 557, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Régibeau, Pierre & Rockett, Katharine, 2001. "Administrative Delays as Barriers to Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 3007, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rose, Andrew K, 2002.
"Do We Really Know that the WTO Increases Trade?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3538, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1997. "Regional Trading Blocs in the World Economic System," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 72, March.
- Olarreaga, Marcelo & Soloaga, Isidro, 1998.
"Endogenous Tariff Formation: The Case of Mercosur,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1848, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bond, Eric W. & Syropoulos, Constantinos & Winters, L. Alan, 2001.
"Deepening of regional integration and multilateral trade agreements,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 335-361, April.
- Bond, Eric W & Syropoulos, Costas & Winters, L. Alan, 1996. "Deepening of Regional Integration and Multilateral Trade Agreements," CEPR Discussion Papers 1317, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bond, Eric W & Syropoulos, Costas & Winters, L. Alan, 2000. "Deepening of Regional Integration and Multilateral Trade Agreements," CEPR Discussion Papers 2480, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nuno Limao, 2006. "Preferential Trade Agreements as Stumbling Blocks for Multilateral Trade Liberalization: Evidence for the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(3), pages 896-914, June.
- Panagariya, Arvind & Findlay, Ronald & DEC, 1994. "A political - economy analysis of free trade areas and customs unions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1261, The World Bank.
- Pravin Krishna, .
"Regionalism and Multilaterialism: A Political Economy Approach,"
96-5, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Pravin Krishna, 1998. "Regionalism And Multilateralism: A Political Economy Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 113(1), pages 227-250, February.
- Wilfred J. Ethier, 1998. "Regionalism in a Multilateral World," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(6), pages 1214-1245, December.
- Kemp, Murray C. & Wan, Henry Jr., 1976. "An elementary proposition concerning the formation of customs unions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 95-97, February.
- Frankel, Jeffrey & Rose, Andrew K., 2001.
"An Estimate of the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade and Income,"
Working Paper Series
rwp01-013, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Jeffrey Frankel & Andrew Rose, 2002. "An Estimate Of The Effect Of Common Currencies On Trade And Income," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 117(2), pages 437-466, May.
- Wilson,John S. & Mann, Catherine L. & Otsuki, Tsunehiro, 2003. "Trade facilitation and economic development : measuring the impact," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2988, The World Bank.
- Corden, W M, 1972. "Economies of Scale and Customs Union Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(3), pages 465-75, May-June.
- Philippa Dee & Jyothi Gali, 2003.
"The Trade and Investment Effects of Preferential Trading Arrangements,"
NBER Working Papers
10160, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippa Dee & Jyothi Gali, 2005. "The Trade and Investment Effects of Preferential Trading Arrangements," NBER Chapters, in: International Trade in East Asia, NBER-East Asia Seminar on Economics, Volume 14, pages 133-176 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacques Melitz, 2003.
"Geography, Trade and Currency Union,"
2003-25, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Baldwin, Richard, 1993.
"A Domino Theory of Regionalism,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
857, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bagwell, Kyle & Staiger, Robert W, 1998. "Will Preferential Agreements Undermine the Multilateral Trading System?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1162-82, July.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel and Shang-Jin Wei., 1995. "European Integration and the Regionalization of World Trade and Currencies: The Economics and the Politics," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C95-053, University of California at Berkeley.
- Antoni Estevadeordal & Kati Suominen, 2005. "Rules of Origin in Preferential Trading Arrangements: Is All Well with the Spaghetti Bowl in the Americas?," JOURNAL OF LACEA ECONOMIA, LACEA - LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION.
- Harry G. Johnson, 1965. "An Economic Theory of Protectionism, Tariff Bargaining, and the Formation of Customs Unions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 256.
- Rikhil Bhavnani & Natalia T. Tamirisa & Arvind Subramanian & David T. Coe, 2002. "The Missing Globalization Puzzle," IMF Working Papers 02/171, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:brikps:9311. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Bazan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.