Multilateralising Preferential Rules of Origin around the World
This paper maps out Rules of Origin (RoO) in regional trade agreements (RTAs) around the world, and observes that the restrictiveness and complexity of RoO are driven by factors specific to each RTA, including economy size and level of development.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1300 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20577|
Web page: http://www.iadb.org/publications/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anton Anson & Olivier Cadot & Antoni Estevadeordal & Jaime De Melo & Akiko Suwa-Eisenmann & Bolormaa Tumurchudur, 2005.
"Rules of Origin in North-South Preferential Trading Arrangements with an Application to NAFTA,"
- José Anson & Olivier Cadot & Antoni Estevadeordal & Jaime de Melo & Akiko Suwa-Eisenmann & Bolormaa Tumurchudur, 2005. "Rules of Origin in North-South Preferential Trading Arrangements with an Application to NAFTA," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 501-517, 08.
- Jose Anson & Olivier Cadot & Antoni Estevadeordal & Jaime de Melo & Akiko Suwa-Eisenmann & Bolorma Tumurchudur, 2004. "Rules of origin in north-south preferential trading arrangements with an application to NAFTA," Research Unit Working Papers 0406, Laboratoire d'Economie Appliquee, INRA.
- Anson, José & Cadot, Olivier & de Melo, Jaime & Estevadeordal, Antoni & Suwa Eisenmann, Akiko & Tumurchudur, Bolormaa, 2003. "Rules of Origin in North-South Preferential Trading Arrangements with an Application to NAFTA," CEPR Discussion Papers 4166, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Antoni Estevadeordal & José Ernesto López-Córdova & Kati Suominen, 2006. "How do rules of origin affect investment flows ? : some hypotheses and the case of Mexico," INTAL Working Papers 1444, Inter-American Development Bank, INTAL.
- Céline Carrère & Jaime de Melo, 2015.
"Are Different Rules of Origin Equally Costly? Estimates from NAFTA,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,
in: Developing Countries in the World Economy, chapter 12, pages 277-298
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Céline Carrere & Olivier Cadot, 2006. "Are different Rules of Origin Equally Costly? Estimates from NAFTA," Post-Print hal-00130079, HAL.
- Carrère, Céline & de Melo, Jaime, 2004. "Are Different Rules of Origin Equally Costly? Estimates from NAFTA," CEPR Discussion Papers 4437, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Céline CARRERE & Jaime MELO DE, 2004. "Are Different Rules of Origin Equally Costly? Estimates from NAFTA," Working Papers 200412, CERDI.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1993. "Free Trade Agreements as Protectionist Devices: Rules of Origin," NBER Working Papers 4352, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- AUGIER Patricia & GAZIOREK Michael & LAITONG Charles, 2004.
"The Impact of Rules of Origin On Trade Flows,"
- Kala Krishna & Anne Krueger, 1995. "Implementing Free Trade Areas: Rules of Origin and Hidden Protection," NBER Working Papers 4983, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rod Falvey & Geoff Reed, .
"Rules of Origin as Commercial Policy Instruments,"
EPRU Working Paper Series
97-20, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Manchin, Miriam & Pelkmans-Balaoing, Annette O., 2007. "Rules of origin and the web of East Asian free trade agreements," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4273, The World Bank.
- Jeremy Harris & Rafael Cornejo, 2007. "Convergence in the Rules of Origin Spaghetti Bowl: A Methodological Proposal," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 9284, Inter-American Development Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:brikps:9299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Bazan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.