Brazil's Trade Policy: Old and New Issues
This paper examines this agenda and argues that if Brazil really wants to fully enjoy the growth and welfare benefits of trade, it needs to further lower and rationalize its structure of protection; adopt a more aggressive, World Trade Organization-plus, policy to open markets abroad; design a regional integration strategy that makes sense to its smaller partners; and bring trade facilitation, particularly transport costs, to the core of its trade agenda
|Date of creation:||Dec 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1300 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20577|
Web page: http://www.iadb.org/publications/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mesquita Moreira, Mauricio, 2007.
"Fear of China: Is There a Future for Manufacturing in Latin America?,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 355-376, March.
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2004. "Fear of China: Is there a future for manufacturing in Latin America?," Development and Comp Systems 0412008, EconWPA.
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2004. "Fear of China: Is There a Future for Manufacturing in Latin America?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 45778, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2006. "Fear of China : is there a future for manufacturing in Latin America ?," INTAL Working Papers 1278, Inter-American Development Bank, INTAL.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992.
"Protection for Sale,"
21-92, Tel Aviv.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, Gene & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Protection for Sale," CEPR Discussion Papers 827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Protection For Sale," NBER Working Papers 4149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1991.
"The move toward free trade zones,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 7-58.
- CALFAT, Germán & FLÔRES Jr., Renato G. & GANAME, Maria Cecilia, 2000.
"Endogenous protection in Mercosul: An empirical analysis,"
2000025, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Calfat, Germán & Ganame, Maria Cecilia & Flôres Junior, Renato Galvão, 2000. "Endogenous Protection in Mercosul: An Empirical Analysis," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 407, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- J. Bradford De Long & Lawrence H. Summers, .
"Equipment Investment and Economic Growth,"
J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers
_122, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- José Ernesto López Córdova & Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2003. "Regional Integration and Productivity: The Experiences of Brazil and Mexico," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 23438, Inter-American Development Bank.
- repec:idb:brikps:22958 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paolo Giordano & Mauricio Mesquita Moreira & Fernando Quevedo & Juan S. Blyde & Eduardo Fernández-Arias & Anthony J. Venables & Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano & Silvia Laens & María Inés Terra & Marcel Vail, 2008. "Deepening integration in MERCOSUR: Dealing with Disparities," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 17318 edited by Juan S. Blyde & Eduardo Fernández-Arias & Paolo Giordano, January.
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2004. "Brazil’s Trade Liberalization and Growth: Has it Failed?," International Trade 0412008, EconWPA.
- Corden, W. M., 1971. "The substitution problem in the theory of effective protection," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 37-57, February.
- Blyde, Juan S., 2006. "Convergence Dynamics in Mercosur," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 21, pages 784-815.
- repec:idb:brikps:17318 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:brikps:9295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Bazan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.